Canon scanner Driver Issue

NuMackUsr

Registered
i have a Canon CanoScan N1220U. I have installed the OS X driver provided by the canon website. After installing the driver and restarting the scanner will not work it is not detected and does not respond to the scan button on the scanner itself. Does it not work on Leopard? the website does not say which versions of OS X it is compatible for.

That's some pretty old software in that Canon OS X installer.
You probably don't need to install anything to get the scanner to work in Leopard.
If that Canon scanner is plugged in and turned on, it will likely work from your Image Capture software. Open that app, and a scanner window should appear.

i have a Canon CanoScan N1220U. I have installed the OS X driver provided by the canon website. After installing the driver and restarting the scanner will not work it is not detected and does not respond to the scan button on the scanner itself. Does it not work on Leopard? the website does not say which versions of OS X it is compatible for.
The Image Capture driver is installed along with the TWAIN driver from the manufacturer's installer file. The installer on Canon's website was posted in April 2007, about 6 months prior to the introduction of MacOS X 10.5. However, Canon posted a driver uninstaller about a year later. Why it needs an uninstaller is not stated. You might try running the uninstaller before rerunning the installer. Oh, yes. Be sure to run the installer and not just the uninstaller.

Inspired by your OP, I updated the driver for my CanoScan 8600F, which I had not done since I first installed the scanner. When I fired-up Image Capture, it said that there were no connected devices. This despite the fact that the scanner as listed as the only available device--which is was. I persisted refusing to take "no" for an answer. I did nothing more radical than to restart and to try to scan. Image Capture recognized the scanner despite the warning to the contrary. The TWAIN driver now also works as expected.

If you cannot get the driver to work, then you may try the open source TWAIN SANE driver. Support for the CanoScan N1220U is listed as complete.

Back