Can't Access New Support Communities

LarryMcJ

Registered
I am unable to access the new Apple Support Communities with my current (valid) Apple ID and password. It works just fine in iTunes and in the Apple ID account management area.

When I sign into the new communities I am redirected to a page that says "my Apple ID can't be created due to system problems…fill in the form below. I fill in my email address and description of the problem but never receive a reply. I've done this now about 10 times since they changed from the old discussion boards.

I've also tried other computers, changing my Apple ID password, changing it back, removing cookies, etc. but nothing works. There is obviously no one I can talk with at Apple so I'm stuck not being able to access the communities and don't have any support. Any ideas? Thanks.

Is it too any of their support community, or a specific one?
Can you send a specific link (so others can test it too, to make sure it's just not for you)

Some of them may need a specific access, mainly the developer ones. So if you'd try to read or log into e.g. iPhone or Lion developer pages, a non-ADC account does not work. But I'm pretty sure the error message should still be different from the one you received.

Thanks, Giaguara...but you may have misunderstood. I can NOT access ANY of the the discussion boards since they changed to the new Apple Support Communities. I use my same Apple ID and password I've used for many years, but it won't work. It DOES still work with iTunes, and it's the same Apple ID and password there.

When I try to login I am redirected to a page that says: "We're sorry. Your account could not be created due to system issues. Please contact Apple Support Communities with the information below to create your account."

This is followed by a place to enter my email address and another box for the issue details. I've filled these in and sent the problem at least ten times since they changed from the discussion boards to Support Communities, but I've received no reply.

Ok. I tested with my usual account, and worked to log in.

But I found this thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3005151?start=0&tstart=0 - some other users have the same problem.
Some have got another browser (e.g. Firefox but not Safari) to log them in, using the same account.
Some got the AppleID to work (not email), some vice versa. All those can be worth testing, even if the AppleID would have worked previously (if it's not the same as email).
And some got a new AppleID to post to that thread...

Matt K. in that thread is able to help to reset your account. I guess that leaves two options (if none of the other things to try above would work): create a new, temp username for there, post in that thread above, and Matt K. will fix the issue with your original account, or someone else can post for you in the thread (but this would probably be a bit awkward, "could you reset the account for my friend, AppleID xxyyzz...".).

Back