Can't clean install

I forgot to mention that I found a file that gives a clue about the 1904 date. It's in /usr/share/man/man1/rez.1.

If any errors are detected,
.B Rez
sets the output file?s modification date to
.B 0,
which is January 1, 1904, 12:00
.SM A.M.
.SH PARAMETERS
.TP
\fIrezFile1\fR [ \fIrezFile2\fR ] ...

I don't know what all of the between the lines things are, so I included it all.

Again, thank you!

Jan 1, 1904 is the date set when the date internal counters are all set to zero, so that's just a reset comment in that file. I have that same rez.1 file, same as anyone with the same version of OS X would have.
Don't you know _anyone_ that can give you some training in how to setup and use your Mac, and learn what you might be doing that is contributing to your frustration?
If you are concerned about the condition of your hard drive -why not replace it with a new one. I would say it's impossible for any outside source to be anywhere other than the hard drive. Resetting nvram, with a PRAM reset will take care of the remote possibility that something has been written to firmware outside of your control. (I would use the term 'impossible' for that, too).
Your rootkit/virus/malware/etc/etc can't (somehow) 'jump' to a fresh hard drive, unless you choose to put it there (from your backup files)
If you have ruled out memory problems by replacing with good memory, then your reported problems are likely caused by a mis-behaving processor. In that case, it's time to cut your losses, sell your Mac to someone who deserves it, and buy a new Mac that works properly.

Of course you assume that I don't know how to setup and use my mac. And you assume I'm a freakin idiot. But you know what, I have a mac that won't do what it's supposed to do. And I'm sincerely looking for help. But as always, there are those who look down their noses at others. Instead of assuming that I'm a stupid moron who can't follow simple directions, why not admit that you can't help me? You don't have to insult me to be superior. Regarding computers, I'm sure you are superior. And I hope that gives you comfort.

I appreciate those kind enough to try and help me out.

I've partitioned the disk, and zero's the disk, but I can still see my files still there, so it's only faking that it's partitioning and zeroing. This is why I think I have a virus, because it's not going away, and pretending to overwrite files, but not really overwriting them.

I meant no personal attack, and I'm sorry that you could interpret my post in that way.

I don't help 'stupid morons' as they don't want help.
I also don't make presumptions about how much you know, or don't know. I try to be thorough and detailed, and the simple directions help me make sure that I don't leave anything out. It's the reason I often ask "Is your power cord plugged in?" You'd be surprised how often that gets missed!

To offer my suggestion in a different way - Someone local to you may be able to see (by actually looking at your system) something you perhaps have missed. What is that 'something'? I don't know - so all I can do (or anyone else) is make an educated guess by experience. Not because I am somehow better than you (I'm not), but my experiences may have been different, and I may use that difference to try to alleviate your frustration, and - (not helping, am I?)
You continue to bring up a variety of odd things that you find in your directories, most of which are perfectly normal. And you seem to dwell on the idea that your computer hardware is somehow infected with (something?). You still seem to ignore the idea that your Mac hardware may simply be faulty (replace your hard drive if you must!).

Good luck on your quest!

Back