Can't open a website with Firefox or Safari?

Spiral Girl

Registered
Hi,

Okay so I added a new account to my accounts section and was trying to change main account folder to new account name. It's a long story but was changing account name folders back and forth but don't think that affects my new problem.

I cannot get onto sitemeter.com using Safari and Firefox. It never loads but pops up on tab as a GIF image.

Here is a photo of the tab, it's hard to see but has (GIF Image, 1x1 pixels):

Picture2-4.jpg

I cleared Firefox's cache and cookie for that site. I haven't cleared cache in Safari but added a new account, signed out of main account and still can't open this page in Safari.

The strange part is my sister can get on this same site using either Firefox or Safari. We both use the same connection and both use a DLink DI524 router. What I can't figure out is why she can access it but I can't.

Any ideas?

S.

This is usually caused by a banner-blocking program. Do you have something like NetBarrier, or other ad-blocking program installed?

eric2006,

Thanks. Yes I have NetBarrier installed but it's not on at the moment and also added NetShade for Safari to try it out but it's not on either. Is there a way to Fix this within NetBarrier and NetShade?

S.

eric2006,

Thanks, you are a lifesaver. :) Maybe I can help someone with this down the road. I clicked Privacy and then Banner and took it off and it works now for Firefox.

How do I solve this for Safari though. Maybe there is the same type of banner block in Net Shade? Nevermind it works in Safari now too so that must have been it all along.

S.

It is likely that this is caused by some plugin on Safari, as I don't think it has any content-blocking feature. I would try disabling all addons (it seems like several people are having issues with Net Shade). Additionally, you could try (Safari menu) -> (Reset Safari)

edit: looks like you got this sorted out, glad I could help.

Back