cant play a .mov using quick time

syswbuil

Registered
error reads "incorrect duration" when i try to open the .mov file. the file is an FM radio "stream" (broadcast) made using Radio Shark by Griffin Tech.. The file in question cannot be copied to itunes.
it is over 760 mb in length. radio shark software has left me with these unplayable files sporadically many sad times. is there a way to work with the shark software and avoid this bummer? should i put the file away for awhile until something comes along that can convert it into a playable form? i repeat, it is a .mov file and i simply want the audio from it to play through speakers. how do i fix this unconverted movie file? after changing the extension to mp4 the new error read 1) " an audio elemetary stream descriptor is corrupted" and 2) "recording.mp4 contains invalid MPEG-4 audio data. I am running on mac OS 10.2.8 it does not open using file menu commands (get info-preview, open, or open with). keyboard shortcuts fail to open file as well, although it can be duplicated on the desktop, to no avail.

i have a "workaround" in mind. Simply "listen" using the shark and record using wire tap [which is extremely reliable]

any other suggestions?

thanks in advance

Radio Shark typically makes a .aac, or .aiff file, and not an .mov file.
What happens if you try changing the .mov extension to .aiff?

The converter in the previous post is from iSkySoft - not particularly respected, plus it doesn't work on 10.2.8

Back