Can't Sign in to MSN on Mac

grandnazi

Registered
I use MSN Messenger 7.0.2 or 6.0.3 (i can't remember which one I installed but its either one) on my Mac OSX.

I was able to sign in regularly on my Mac, until a point in time when I could not. The error message said that either i am not connected to the internet, or the server is too busy to respond.

This happens once every other alternate day and it affects the application for the entirety of that day. I will have to wait for the next day, to see if I can successfully log in using that application again.

I have tried re-downloading the software again, to no avail. Please advise on what I should be doing. Thanks!!!! :)

hey! thanks for replying! Yes I've downloaded those apps as well. But I can't sign in at all at different points in time. :(

You can't run them all at the same time. Just try each one at a time and see which one works for you. If it's at certain points of the day, it's possible that you might be having other problems. Do you also lose general internet connection when this happens? If so, you might need to check your internet hardware (cable/DSL modem and/or home router) or contact your ISP.

Also, are you sure you haven't left your account on someone else's machine that you might have used recently? If so, they could be logging on to the internet and not realizing that MSN is launching with your account being active, thus disconnecting you from your client on your Mac. If you sign on from an internet cafe (which I don't ever recommend), it's possible that you left it on there maybe?

I'm quite sure since Mac OS X last update, what I did last week, I can't sign in MSN anymore. To rule problems with my network out, I tried Windows with success. Adium is not working either, but aMSN is OK.

Back