CarbonCopyCloner Question

BimBam

Registered
All year, I've been using CCC for my monthly backup, and I never had any problem with it.

This morning, while I was cloning my internal disk to my regular FireWire Drive (LaCie D2 250GB), CCC kept asking for my administrator password all along the cloning.

I was asked at least 6 times to enter it during the process, and had I not been around to enter it and press OK, the cloning would never have ended.

The only thing that differs from my last month's cloning is that I updated OSX 10.4.5 to OSX 10.4.6.

Before cloning, permissions were repaired, and the disk was verified and showed no problem whatsoever. And the external had been fully erased beforehand with Disk Utility.

The complete backup took the same time as usual, and everything worked flawlessly when I booted from my external drive with my fresh clone.

Although I have to conclude that the cloning worked successfully, it bothers me to think that next time, I'd better be around during the one hour process needed to clone my internal drive, in case I'm asked to enter my password again and again.

Does anyone know of a slight incompatibility of CCC with 10.4.6, or else, have a clue as to what I might have done wrong ?

BimBam

I don't know I've used it on my mac running 10.4.6. it did not do what you said. I would be for emailing the maker and any log files to him. He may need to do an update.

the creator of CCC is working for Apple and _theoretically_ should know if something breaks in CCC, since the functionality is partially integrated into Disk Utility now (the restore function). Are you sure you authenticated previously to hitting the "clone" button?

When I authenticated CCC, the Clone Button got highlited, as expected, but a System authentication window appeared almost the same moment that I hit the Clone button.

Did I wait too long before hitting the OK button in CCC's authentication window, thus triggering the System's own authenticating window ?

I'll check my moves in the next backup.

Thanks !

BimBam

Back