Change SWAP Partition! How? Come in and see it!

I found changing the SWAPFILE volume to complicated via the command line. Thankfully someone wrote a GUI wrapped perl script that will do it for you called SwapCop. Check at versiontracker.com for this. It works like a charm.

JeffCGD

Good to see we have options.

I have seen the occasional second swap file, but it is always on the new Swap partition, right next to the old one, just with the incremented suffix. I've never had it fail to find a swap system to use.

Will probably try this improved way though.

I uninstalled swapcop, and set up swapvolume, as I liked the sound of how it worked compared to swapcop. But it seems to not be moving the swap file, even though it went through all the installation routines, as well as the toggling (which I turned off & on, just to make sure). Oddly, when toggling swapvolume on after toggling it off & restarting, it asked for my admin password, but before I could enter it, proceeded with the toggling function then logged off the terminal session. Odd.
Not sure if this works any more (or ever did in the first place).
Might be back to swapcop for me.

My iMac's 10 GB HD is divided into two partitions, about 8 GB for OS X and 2 for OS 9. Should the swap file be on a dedicated partition or is there any reason why the swapfile couldn't be on the OS 9 partition?

Back