Change the size of the Jaguar Find dialog...?

Jasoco

Video Gamer/Collector
Anyone know how to accomplish this? The Find dialog first of all should be resizable. Silly Apple made it static with only room for 4 folders/drives. I want to make it bigger.

I know omeone did it before. I saw a screenshot, so I know it's possible and I'm not afraid to hack my OS. I've done it enough already. I always backup so no fear. And I am root l33t. ;)

I have looked in every .nib file that would make sense. So unless it's hidden somewhere else I can't FIND it. Literally. hehehe.

I am thinking it's not contained in a .nib file. I think I recall the person found the Find dialog in another file. I must find it!

Here's a screenshot for those who don't understand what dialog I mean. Also note the scrollbar messed up so resizing it would rock.

Also, if you know of any other dialogs I might find fun to hack.. let me know. ;)

Attachments

• finddialog.jpg
    finddialog.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 11
Okay, you have to edit Finder.app/Contents/Resources/(desired language).lproj/Localized.rsrc using Metrowerks Powerplant Constructor. I'm not sure which versions will work, but I'm quite sure you wouldn't want to run any of the pre-OSX versions. Go to PPob resource 8000, which is the search criteria window. Shuffle around the panes and views at your discretion.

I had to use Resorcerer since I didn't have a copy of CW8 handy, and I had to adjust the "Height" and "Top in super image" attributes for many of the panes in that window to get things to line up.

Back