Changes regarding Macworld Expo

MacLegacy

Unemployed Student!
There's an interesting article over at ThinkSecret, saying it would no longer be named "Macworld Expo" and that there would no longer be a keynote from Jobs (at least for July event)

The reason mentionned for no longer doing a keynote is that Apple felt like they had to reveal something big at every show and Steve could not live up to the hype.

For the rest of the information, read the article at ThinkSecret

Do you think that the lack of a keynote at (possibly all?) future expos will help Apple or harm them?

I think it would at least stop people from whining after getting a tame keynote, but would people feel like Apple isn't working hard to create new innovative, great products? Maybe they would get less publicity if they didn't announce new products at Expos?

Though there's another way we can think of it. While Apple was consistantly under pressure trying to live up to the hype, trying to deliver cool products every three months, they might have been in a hurry to complete products, therefore releasing it when they could still have made improvements to it.

Maybe they will now feel more relax and deliver even greater products, but at the same time I hope they won't push back announcements..

Getting back to the whiners.. Some of them threaten to move to the "darkside" if Apple doesn't pull out something that would suit their demands! At least if there where no keynote, then there would be no whiners and no reason to be disappointed, even though there will always be someone to find something to whin about.

In my opinion, there would be less hype about Apple products (hype which more than often harm Apple rather than help it) and that's good, because I believe hype is the one thing that makes someone mad when expectations aren't met!

What's your opinion ?

I think we'll still see keynotes from Steve. He's probably addicted to them as much as we are. ;)

But we might see Apple's own press events throughout the year, apart from the big shows... Because then they can happen when the news is ready.

this kinda of sounds like the issue apple has with the expo moving from NY to Boston. MacWorld said that not this summer but next summer hey want to move to boston but apple says that if they move apple isn't going to show.

What I've heard from other sources is that Apple would stage its own media events--possibly from six to eight--around the country/world per year, all smaller than MacWorld. I don't think that this would hurt Apple very much, though many people would be disappointed. I do think it has the potential to hurt other developers who see a MacWorld graced by Apple as a venue sure to have serve up many possible customers. What would hurt Apple, in my opinion, is if the less pressing "deadlines" caused them to feel that they could slow down and produce less new and updated products. If no MacWorld means the big announcements would be all spread out rather than clusterd that would be fine, but if it means Apple is doing less or working less hard then I think it could spell trouble.

the market will contiue to dictate that apple stay one step ahead in innovation regardless of expos. contrary to popular belief, the majority of apple users do not follow the expos, do not live to see SJ give a keynote and continue to buy macs and products made for them.

oh, and i do believe we should all be worried about this immensily because thinksecret is never[/] wrong. ;)

Stopping Keynote speeches will not stop whiners. People will still complain even in silence. All apple needs to do is innovate and surprise us once in a blue moon. Keynote or not, their products will still rock.

i agree. i think they should just make the expos less frequent. maybe one major update expo (release new product, etc) and one expo to discuss earnings and the such. this creates the problem, though, that apple is 'lagging' behind the industry. who says apple has to use an expo to release something big, though? ^_^

"Originally posted by MacLegacy:
There's an interesting article over at ThinkSecret, saying it would no longer be named "Macworld Expo" and that there would no longer be a keynote from Jobs (at least for July event)
The reason mentionned for no longer doing a keynote is that Apple felt like they had to reveal something big at every show and Steve could not live up to the hype.
For the rest of the information, read the article at ThinkSecret"

Steve may want to make a special Expo (around September-October) in which he will keynote the new 970-based Macs :D Or he simply felt that after that Keynote app is finished he is no longer able to beta test ;)

"Do you think that the lack of a keynote at (possibly all?) future expos will help Apple or harm them? "

With so many iWhiners out there is not possible to give a concrete answer! At least for me, MacWorld is neither warm or cold :rolleyes:

"What's your opinion ?"

Seriously, if they will decide not to have a MacWorld Expo at all, this might hurt Apple because I think that people expect them to do so at least once in a year... But no Expo at all? Hmmm... :confused:

Back