Comparing Dubya to Steve Jobs? Can you say blasphemy?

"Dr. Hans Blix, Chief UN Weapons Inspector
Addressing the UN Security Council, January 27, 2003"

Hans Blix is such a cool name :)
first "Hans" that is like a genitive form of "Han" as in Han Solo. and then "Blix" which is a dialectical short form of "Blixt" which means Lightening.
so: Han's Lightening.

to bad he looks half dead. ;)

I would just like to point out that there's no such thing as a 'religious war' it's all about power and politics. the religion is just a way to sell it to people, to rally support

Viktor

iMan said:
I would just like to point out that there's no such thing as a 'religious war' it's all about power and politics. the religion is just a way to sell it to people, to rally support

Viktor
I don't think so. People wouldn't blow themselves up if they just believed in power and politics I think. But I could be wrong since I've never blown myself up in the name of God...

ElDiabloConCaca said:
I, for one, don't want any of the religious symbols removed from our government -- I think they exist to remind people about where our country's laws came from in the first place. Even a non-Christian can understand that by looking at a cross affixed to a court building that we are trying to uphold and interpret laws that were not originally created by man. Our laws are practical implementations of higher commandments, and change over time to adapt to new societal trends.

Hey El Diablo. I agree with most of your rant except for the part quoted above. I am an Atheist. Have been since I was very young (despite both my parents being religious). So, being the "non-christian" that I am, I look up at the cross and don't see laws that were not created by man. They are still created by man. However what I do see is a sign that many people find guidance and direction from. For some religion works. I see nothing wrong with that, especially when the majority believe. That's fine by me. I don't mind having "In God we trust" written on our currency or "Under God" said in the Pledge of Allegience. Whichever method helps people be good and find guidance and a meaning to live life and do so morally, let them follow it.

Back