Congrats to nkuvu!

All right, this is too weird for me. :(

I'm adding my name to the list of the dearly departed.

Bye everybody! It was fun while it lasted. :(

OK, let's try this again.

Call me a liar. This might be my last post on MacOSX.com

This is the story.
Jadey posted some reviews, both positive and negative, about Press3.
Admin deleted them.
Sithious questioned the deletions.
Admin banned him.
I attempted to ask the same questions.
Admin "moderated" my posts -- they never saw the boards.

I, as well as a significant number of others, left MacOSX.com to go to MacOSXHints.com and MacFora.com.
Now Admin is taking a leave of absence for a week.

Will this post see the boards at all? Or are we still being "moderated"?

OK, one hurdle down.

When I left this afternoon, I had 1580 posts. Now I have 1577. What was deleted...?

I'll post if I can find out.

No, I can't find my deleted posts.

I, too, will leave MacOSX.com for a week. If my post here about what has happened remains intact, I might stay. But I really enjoy the other two forums, MacOSXHints.com and MacFora.com -- so I'll definitely be staying there at least.

Come see us.

Jadey's posts were an honest review of Press3. Some good, some bad. Admin deleted them, and banned sithious when he asked about them.

Then Admin put full moderation in place. I think you missed that part, Kris. Every single post to the boards had to be approved by a moderator. Posts were being delayed anywhere from two minutes to eternity. A lot of my posts today never got to the boards. Some were deleted (three, but I don't know which ones).

A lot of us jumped ship to MacOSXHints.com and MacFora.com. The people there are really nice -- try them if you get tired of MacOSX.com. We were settling in there when we found out that Admin backed down. He's gone for a week, censoring is off, no more moderation of individual posts. Twyg is in charge in the interim.

I understand his position about wanting this place to be appropriate for all ages. I don't have a problem with the censoring of words. But when posts are deleted because they ask honest questions about the site, I think things have gone too far. Apparently everyone else thinks pretty much along the same lines that I do.

I think Admin's idea of leaving for a week is a good one, and I think I am going to do the same. I will be active on the other boards I mentioned, I'm sure they'd welcome you over there too. If Admin returns and seems to have come to his senses, I'll come back. But I am staying over there, too. I like all three boards.

Back