Congrats to serpicolugnut! :D

genghiscohen

Membrum virile
As you can see here, MacOSX's very own serpicolugnut got public acknowledgement from the developer of the Cocoa newsreader Halime for spotting and helping eliminate a bug in the program.
Most excellent!

hmm, i'm confused a little. i don't see any public acknowledgement for serpico but i do see his post where he explains how the developer worked with him to solve a bug in the app. i still will say "way to go serpico" because this is still something more of us need to do. instead of whining about something, we should be directly contacting developers and helping them to improve their/our products. i have done this several times and most of the times i have seen the results on the next update - at least when dealing with small, independent developers. what kind of response you get from any developer, large or small, will give you a good idea just how dedicated to their product they are.

Wow, googled my handle and found this. What a blast from the past! It's already been 7 years! Unfortunately, Halime is no longer developed. Still, we have better options like Unison.

Hey, changed your opinion about the Iraq «liberation» yet serpicolugnut? ;)

Back