Connecting a pocket pc to a mac?

MissyC

Registered
My Dad has very kindly given me his Toshiba e750 pocket PC, which I'm really pleased about, but obviously I can't use the software it comes with to connect it to my computer. I'm running OS10.2.8, and just wondered if there's any freeware about I can use? I've come across pocketmac and missing sync, but seeing as you have to pay for these, i'd only get them if people highly recommended them.

Thanks very much for your advice!
Claire

I use Missing Sync for Pocket PC and my mac (powerbook). It took some trial and error using it with the iMac, but the latest version (1.04) works flawlessly. I have an iPAQ 3975 with bluetooth. Once i created a "shortcut" on the PPC for Activesync using bluetooth, it worked right away. There are some things left to be desired that are present when syncing with a PC. For example, as of now (not sure of their development plans) it only synchronizes with iCal, Addressbook, and the iLife software. I would like to see some support for Entourage, even if it is a microsoft product :p
I like the all in one PIM for my communications...
Another thing I havent gotten to work yet (maybe I'll try today w/ my new powerbook! yaay!) is the shared internet connection, and the AvantGo synchronization.

A word of caution: I tried using the PocketMac software during their early days (I actually shelled out the big bucks for that when it came out). I'm not sure how well their software works now, but the early iterations were horrible. Every time I would try to sync, it would DOUBLE my contacts, appointments, To Do's, and Memo's. EVERYTHING, EVERYTIME!!! I spent more time deleting than I did with anything else! Their customer support was horrible as well. I tried to rectify the errors that I was getting, tried to get support for problems, nothing. Eventually I got into a flaming email war with them about getting my money back. So be careful! Do the research!
:mad:

Back