Connecting with Messenger problem.

Patron

Registered
When ever I try and log into MSN, it keeps giving me this damn alert:

Picture3-2.png

But I know for a fact I'm on the internet, because I'm able to post this, and my torrents are still running, I can even get onto MSN on my networked PC, does anyone else have any troubles with their copy of MSN?

I've restarted, and uninstalled MSN countless amount of times, and it still does nothing.

I'm using Adium for the time beign, but I really don't like it and would love to be able to use my MSN again.

Hello. New mac owner. Made the switch about three weeks ago. I have been following these forums for a little while and decided after I saw this post I was going to register. Here I am.
I am currently having the same problem, running imac 2.16mhz, 1g Ram, 20". I have tried all the same ideas.
I think it may be the server end. I am just waiting it out, much like you.
But if anyone has any other ideas since I am new at this please post.

Well, good to know I'm not alone in this boat. If you need to get on msn badly for what ever reason, you can download and use Adium, I don't like it that much, but it gets the job done. Hopefully it's just a little wait until MSN gets back up.

I've been using Adium on the Mac and Gaim on Linux and I haven't had any problems with my MSN account. Are you sure you're putting the login information correctly? Remember that your username for logging in is your MSN/Hotmail e-mail address, not your nickname.

There are equal problems with MSN Messenger here; particularly a problem behind an ISA server. my advice is to stick with Adium or use less impressive net messengers such as ebuddy.net. However, whilst using ebuddy.net, Safari may not accept the certificates so use it with Firefox.

its a problem after the last msn update. i get it every time i launch messenger, but if i hit retry, and login, without changing any of the info it has, it will log in. its a pain, but i think its due to ms's switch to windows live. because i get the same problem with getting email from my hotmail account in apple's mail. on 1st launch of mail, it has issues with hotmail, but if i click get mail again, it connects just fine.

Back