Control panel Software for OSX Web Sites

pyroboy

Registered
I am exploring purchasing a Web server nonprofit clients using an xserve. I have a persistant question though. If I set up multiple domains on the server, is there any included control panel software?

I want to be able to give users the ability to add e-mail accounts, check stats and do the usual tasks when you own a domain. But I cannot find any information on Apple's Web site if this type of functionality comes with xserve or is available from a 3rd party?

Any information on this would be very helpful.

i set up an os x server for a church here in town recently, so i know that os x has a gui for most administration activities. however, since i didn't set up a website i'm not sure if the gui controls apache. if it doesn't, do a google for "comanche" ( a popular gui for apache on other platforms).

Perhaps I need to explain what I am looking for a different way.

Lets say I have a Web site called arfarfarf.com that is hosted by an ISP like laughingsquid.com. Most Web site hosting companies offer a control panel that you access from your Web site over the Internet. Something like http://www.arfarfarf.com/control_panel/.

From that control panel, I as the domain admin can add new e-mail accounts, delete accounts, manage passowords and check to see ho wmany dog lovers checked out arfarfarf.com last month.

If I wanted to host Web sites on an xserve and offer that same Control Panel functionality to my other hosting clients, what software would I use?

I have heard of software packages like Cobalt or Plesk. I am looking for other solutions that might work on an xserve.

If anyone knows of a package, please let me know.

Back