Converting Videos

supanatral

Registered
I'm trying to convert all my videos (about 120gb of videos) to mov files so I can use my fileserver as a video server using iTunes. 95% of these are *.avi files however some are *.mpg files.

Is there a good program that will convert many videos at the same time, or queue them up so that i can just walk away from my computer and let it go nuts? I'm using ffmpeg and I must say that its pretty good, but theirs just one thing, you can only queue up 40 movies and once its done, then your only able to queue up 15 movies and it keeps on going down until you close out the program and relaunch it again.

Also, I have quite a few DVD's that I want to convert to mov's aswell. is there a good program for that aswell?

I think you could do this with iSquint (at least convert them to mp4 itunes videos. I know you can add numerous files to iSquint and "walk away" while they convert them all.
Rob

thanks guys! I've started using iSquint and i'm quite pleased. I've been able to que 160 videos at once but i didn't try adding anymore because it was going to take 13 hours as it was. The only thing is that iSquint doesn't convert it to mov files however mp4 files work in iTunes, plus their smaller files, so its even better.

If I have any issues with iSquint, then the next thing i'll try is divxdocter. Thanks again

Back