counter strike

apocalypselat3r

Registered
Is there any possible way to run counter strike source without bootcamp. I have an intel mac btw. I tried bootcamp, but, all my copies of windows xp are upgrade and not complete. So...I cant do much there. Is there anything I can do?

I'm afraid not, at least not yet. However, if you're patient, eventually I'm sure this will be fixed with future solutions such as CrossOver.

Having said that, there is a tutorial for how to use WIndows XP Upgrade with boot camp if you're interested. I have never tried it myself so I can't say how well it works.

EDIT
Have you thought about buying a full XP disc from eBay? You can get them pretty cheap these days second hand, and they are only going to drop once Vista hits the shelves.

The only thing with eBay is you have to look out for fakes, and/or for sellers that have handed out their XP serial number to multiple people, therefore making your legitimate key invalid. Mind you, even if that is the case, you will still be able to install XP and run CS and any other app, it's just non-serious upgrades that become a problem.

crossover is really coool, and i cant wait for the full version to come out becaue the current version is really terrible. any idea when the full one is coming out. it will be vastly better than the beta right? So now, my options are- crossover (full version), leopard (it might have better stuff for bootcamp), current boot camp (i will use the trick on the wired thing). any else

on top of that, can anyone solve this problem; everything loads fine on counter strike, then it launches then i get a black screen, but i can hear the buttons. any idea how to fix this. any drivers i need to download?

Another good reason to get the full WinXP install, then installing Apple's windows drivers from Bootcamp. You'd then have good video drivers tuned to your hardware. That will probably get counterstrike to work properly.

wow....thanks so much 'thank the cheese' it finally works....omg!!! it have been trying for 3 months, and i did like 50 threads on these boards but i never got a decent answer. thanks so much. my only problems now are minor.
1. how do i establish an internet connection?
2. how come the only options for display are 800x600 and 1200x764 or sumtin. why cant i make it normal widescreen.

Assuming you mean that you now have a full WindowsXP install -

Have you installed the Apple Windows drivers (from BootCamp) yet? That will have network drivers, and should get your video working properly.

ha, dumb me!!! thanks so much this is sick!!!

one last thing though, the only thing i have trouble doing is tweaking the bightness of the screen, it is kinda annoying me rgiht now. it is really NOT bright, and it is hurting my eyes. haha, but thanks so much for everything so far

Back