Crazy idea

dlloyd

Official Pianist
This is a silly idea I had a few days ago, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. :)

What if we were to have a splash page linking to the forums and then also to a section which gave 'switching' info and then the option to post questions in the board?
I know loads of other sites have stuff like this, but they don't always have big communities, and here is my real idea:
What if we had a big batch of badges made which say "MacOSX.com" and our members were to wear them around? That would be good advertising :)

Anyway, I said it was a dumb idea.. :(

;)

I think it's a good idea. But how many people would actually use/like it is what's in question here.

Besides: the idea has already been discussed plenty in the past. ;)

Dlloyd, Scott can barely afford to keep the site afloat, much less produce and distribute badges that may or may not sell. (BTW, badges as in pin-ons?) It's a nice idea, but I don't think it's feasible at this point.

I did say it was stupid. But that's how advertising works, you have an initial investment and then (hopefully) a return that exceeds what you gave.

Yes, pin-ons.

A Switcher thread would be a good forum as some have discussed a Windows forum here as well. Now getting it on a windows forum page might be more difficult.

A switcher thread would be a good forum... as in a thread dedicated to switchers, or a whole forum, like the Panther section? Could be, switchers could ask questions there... I could be a mod for it... :)

This site should advertise on other Mac-related sites. Then we'd get a lot more traffic.

Originally posted by arden
This site should advertise on other Mac-related sites. Then we'd get a lot more traffic.

Yea, why don't we buy TV ads as well?

Back