Crazy WiFi problem!

longblond

Registered
Hi!

I'm currently in Spain, and things here are usually a bit different, but this has me puzzled!

I'm in a place that has free wifi- everyone with Acers, and Dells, and netbooks of all sorts are happily lounging about and using the wifi.

My Mac G4 12" PB and my Black Macbook don't even show a signal. Any idea why? I have to use a very uncomfortable plug and standing at a countertop until I resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

The technology that is used in the laptops these days is universal and Mac is certainly not an exception. Check out if any settings need to be changed and still if things did not sort out then ask someone there to configure your system according to the specifications used there.

Go to System Preferences->Network and create a new "Location" (at the top of the Network Pane) calling it whatever you like. The at the bottom of the pane hit the "Apply" button.

Plus if you have 10.5.x or l0.4.x download the free scanner iStumbler and see if it finds the open network (if you have turned the Airport (wireless card)). If all else fails ask someone there you know how did they get on.

I tried a new location, and I opened my iStumbler- nothing is showing up...

The other people all have non Macs. Someone said that I may have a firewall to go through and its blocking it. My Mac won't even read the signal- strange!!!

Do I need to manually find this? I can get the systems IPV4 address, and typed it in, but nothing still...

Any help is desperately needed and much appreciated! Thanks!

Back