Creating PDFs from Word that bleed

bunner bob

Registered
I've set up a letterhead template in Word for a client. It has her identity graphics in the header and footer, and the graphics run right up to the edge of the page (bleed). She uses this template, adds her own letter content, then prints to PDF using the OS print dialog. She sends these to clients.

Problem is, I have the Adobe PDF 8.0 print driver and she doesn't (I must have got it as part of CS 3). Printing to PDF without this driver, the graphics get cut off before they reach the edge of the page - there's a white margin. If I use the PDF 8.0 driver they'll go right up to the edge.

Is there a way to get this PDF 8.0 driver without buying/installing Acrobat? (at $180+ - kind of a big spend for her, given all she needs is to be able to generate PDFs that run to the edge of the page)

I don't suppose it's as simple as just grabbing Library/Printers/PPD Plugins/AdobePDFPDE800.plugin and Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/ADPDF8.PPD - is it? Are there more components under the hood?

Back