Dmg file download in browser

moxy007

Registered
Hello,

For some time ive been having problems downloading DMG files on my mac book pro now and I need to sort it out.

For example, i want to download the latests Flash but everytime i click to download it, it downloads in the web browser of safria and once its complete it no where to be seen on my mac. When i search for the file on my mac the only thing it can located is the dmg history cookie web page???

When i downlaod other things from rapidhare for example, that downlaods in Download folder and everything is fine, i open and run program as usual.

I can sometimes get around this, by right clicking and clicking save file as, the i select a folder and it downloads in my downloads folder?

Does anyone have any idea how i solve this? It just keeps downloading in the web browser and no where to be seen?

Thanks

Is the issue just with .dmg files? When you download other file types do they show up in ~/Downloads?

Hi sometimes its happens to other files, avi, mp3 all sorts. But id say a majority of the time is DMG. Its so bazaar?

With Safari up, navigate to Safari -> Preferences -> General and verify the location of "Save downloaded files to". Then navigate to that location via Finder - are your files located there?

Back