Dvd Player Inconsistent

crowncanada.ca

Registered
I've got Apple's Player 4.6.5 on both Macbook Pro and iMac desktop Intels. Regular difficulties being able to play DVD+R original and/or generic media. DVD-R seems fine. It's my understanding Intel DVD players handle all those media types -R, +R, both, RW etc both reading and recording. No problems with CD reading/writing.

This is getting frustrating. Any suggestions? Is the manufacturers?

I also had the same problem. I recently bought this 20' iMac which I thought its gonna be great to watch dvds. But the dvd player seems to have some reading problems. Sometimes it reads, sometimes it doesnt and I have to keep ejecting and re-inserting the dvd hoping that maybe once it will read it and play it. Whats wrong with this? anyone has the same problem?

Here's what compatible with the MacBook:
One of the following optical drives:

Slot-loading Combo drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW): reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed, writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed, reads CDs at up to 24x speed

Slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer read support (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW): writes DVD-R and DVD+R discs at up to 4x speed, writes DVD-RW and DVD+RW discs at up to 4x speed, reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed, writes CD-RW discs at up to 10x speed, reads CDs at up to 24x speed

As you can see, all DVDs are supported for reading. Get the latest updates, and if that doesn't work, I'd say bring it in/contact applecare.

Back