Entourage Error Message

dereksimpson

Registered
I'm a brand new mac user. I uninstalled office test drive on my mbp and installed copy of 2004. Every app opens ok (word, excell, ppt etc.) but whenever I try to open entourage it begins to load and then i get error message: This identity cannot be open in this version of Entourage.

- I tried uninstalling Entourage and custom installing entourage - no luck.

Totally separate note... What is rosetta and do i need to be running office with (terminology?) it?

thanks for any help

thanks for the help, I tried that and got a 'this version conflicting with previous version' message. I ran Remove Office and it detected two installations:
Microsoft Office X (Including Test Drive)
Microsoft Office 2004 (Including Test Drive)

apparently i never fully deleted test drive? whats the difference b/t X and 2004?

--- Which one do i want to delete?

Hi There,

If you are planning to buy the 2004 version then delete the old office X application, but if you are using this for just test drive, then you have to go back to the old office X. however it is safe to take all your email backups and one easy way of doing this is by going into /Users/"username"/Documents/Microsoft User Data, folder (entire MUD folder) and /Users/"username"/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Entourage.plist, (this is the setting info file)., so that way you will have all your E-mail and attachments and other related stuff backed-up, now you can play with anything... if anything goes wrong then you can always go back to your old mails... by replacing those file and folder and same locations..

Hope this helps, Good Luck
Pramod

Back