Error 3259 when trying to send emails

Showsa

Registered
I have Entrourage linked to my bigpond and orcon accounts. For some reason it has suddenly started not being able to send messages, but can still receive messages. I have not changed any of my settings so don't understand why it suddenly says "An operation on server timed out. The server may be busy...."

I can still send emails via my hotmail account though which is also set up through Entourage.

I have recently changed internet providers so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I changed my settings Default SMTP from 25 to 587 as per response on your site to same problem in 2007.

I am running Mac OS X 10.5.7 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo with 1gb 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I am running a wireless internet connection.

I hope you can help.

Cheers
Showsa

Very Easy FIX
For those of you who knows how to recreate an email account all you have to do is ERASE the Old account and RECREATE the same one. For some reason the old one maybe corrupted.

- Create another FOLDER in your Entourage called Inbox2. This is a safety procedure so that you do not lose your messages.

- Click on your INBOX and go to your message - Copy all of your messages (Apple-A) or click above EDIT then, Select ALL

- Right Click copy or DRAG all messages to you new folder called INBOX2
(It should be empty)

- Go to Entourage (top bar) click on Accounts

- Highlight the email that is there now and DELETE it (before doing this remember your settings or write it down because you are going to recreate it)

- Close Entourage all together.

- Start Entourage and create the same email address with the same settings.

- Restart Entourage after doing this. This should do the trick.Once it is working you can now

- Now you can move back all your MESSAGES from Inbox2 to Inbox.

- Erase Inbox2 if you wish. Cheers!!!

When I had this issue, at first, it seemed to happen randomly. I noticed it my email would work with some networks and not others. I found that it was the Firewall of different routers and Internet services that was preventing the emails to send and giving the error: "Mail cannot be sent - server timed out".

I asked my email server what SMTP port I should use - they gave me an answer (26) and then I reset my Entourage by following the steps below:

1) Open Entourage
2) Tools --> Accounts
3) In "Accounts" window, double click on the account that's giving you issues
4) Click on "Click here for advanced sending options"
5) Make sure these are checked:
X - Override default SMTP port: (###) Enter in the number your email server gave you. Can't get ahold of your email server? Search for "Outgoing SMTP port Hotmail". It may take some searching, but you'll find it!
X - SMTP server requires authentication
X - Use same settings as receiving mail server
6) Hit "OK" and it magically works!

I hope this helps some people, it took me all day to figure this out!

Back