ffmpegX - Multiple tasks on the same time

gabrielleitao

Issac Newton loves Apple
Hello,

Please I hope someone is able to help me out here, please. I am using a osftware to convert media files called ffmpegX and I need to convert looots of media files to MOV. How can I do that by just selection all the files and converting them one at the time, on a list. I want to do that on ffmpegX, because it is the best software for media conversion I've seen, its easy to use, and I alreayd found a great preset to convert my videos in great quality. So here is my question, it is very simple:

How can I convert lots of videos on the same time, lets say put all of them on a list and all of them are queued, so when the file on the top of the list is finished encoding, the next one on the list can start encoding and so one. I did that easily on MPEGStreamclip and on Compressor (I used Batch Monitor), please how can I make the same in ffmpegX.

Thank you, I appreciate any help...

MPEGStreamclip is a loooot more easy to use than ffmpegX. Why? Because I can put ALL of my videos on a list, and the application will friendly convert everything for me over the night. Now, I dont wanna use MPEGStreamclip because the quality is poor comparing to ffmpegX. So, is there a way I can select all of my footage MPEG videos, and ffmpegX can convert all of them to the desired format all over the night?

ffmpegX will automatically queue tasks. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell it "just convert all these files with these settings", but if you enter each file individually, they'll end up in a queue.

I think iSquint might be more to your liking. It's not as powerful as ffmpegX, but it's a lot simpler and more "Mac-like". It's based on many the same open-source tools as ffmpegX, so it should be able to convert just about any file ffmpegX can.

Back