File Sharing = Mac Freezing

Arden

Where mah "any" keys at?
How do I get the G3 to stop trying to connect to my iMac (in OS X) when it starts up (hint: before you ask OS, etc. read my signature)? If my iMac's asleep, the G3 freezes. Turning FS off on the G3 doesn't do it, I suspect that will just disallow me from connecting to it from my iMac. Do I have to turn of FS for my iMac?

I might be wrong, but this sounds a lot like the problem I've had a couple of times .. forget the kernel panicking, I was having a bit of a panic myself!

If you're getting the same thing, then it's a case of just waiting a while...

You may have alias to that computer in your startup items, I've had that before.

A similar problem was when I was connecting _to_ my G4 _from_ my iBook. I then put my ibook to sleep. A few minutes later, the whole computer just hung and I got the the spinning beach ball .. not good.

I was considering a forced restart and then a dialogue appeared telling me that the connection has been timed out and disconnected.

Hope that helps?..

How do I get the G3 to stop trying to connect to my iMac (in OS X) when it starts up (hint: before you ask OS, etc. read my signature)?

The last time I fixed that on someone's system I had to replace the Chooser.

If you want to avoid that problem in the future, don't check the check boxes when connecting your system to other systems.

Attachments

• chooser_options.jpg
    chooser_options.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 5
Back