Firefox not showing entire window

joshuatree

Registered
I just downloaded Firefox onto OS X 10.3.9, because I was not satisfied with Safari. Firefox appeared to load just fine, except that when I tried to open a window only a small sliver of the webpage appeared. About .5 of an inch was all that there was between the left side of the window and the scroll bar. I tried looking in the menus for options that would change that, and even tried uninstalling and trying again, but to no avail. Of course, I also looked for the double arrow thing that would allow me to resize the area, but couldn't get one. I have looked all over the web for other references to this type of problem, but either I don't know the terms to search with, or it is an uncommon problem.
HELP!
thanks,
Me

I had the same problem when I first installed FF. Problem is, that was several months ago and I honestly can't remember any specifics about how I fixed it.

Do you have any custom themes installed?

Have you tried resizing the window, closing out completely (Firefox-->Quit on the menubar), and then relaunching? Also, where is the application icon located? Is it in the Applications folder on your hard drive or is it still resident inside the disk image that mounts when you uncompress the .dmg file?

Back