Mod
Decide for yourself... probably not.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 54
I don't think it is. Reason? Look at the styrofoam (spelling??) bits in the box. I don't think they fit.

It's probably one of the new displays. If it were the new iMac G5, were's the space for the keyboard and mouse in the box?

I thought the new display had the apple logo on the bottom. And what is that buble like thing on the back. I think it might be the new Apple TV. That box does not seem to fit the form though, you are right about that.. If it were to lay down flat would even fit in the box.

This guy also posted this one;

Attachments

• imacpic.jpg
    imacpic.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 113
The box got the wrong color. it should have been white. Probably som joker who took his/her powerbook box and put her display in it and then took the photos.

That logo is on the top since the leaf of the apple is sticking up. If it was on the bottom the logo would be upside down.

Heck, that isn't a display, at all. I have that same flooring in my workroom. I layed down a ruler next to the dots and it only measured about 12 inches. Then I looked closer and that guys finger is in the pick, his finger or hand is huge which would indicate this display panel or ipad/epad is only about 10 to 12 inches in size. As far as I know the Apple displays start at 17" so this would be way to small. Actually, they start at 20" so it would be impossible.

Last an most important that material that is on the casing is, some form of plastic anyhow, you can see the pitiing where the displays have a brushed look of grain.

Ok, I was wrong... it isn't plastic, someone painted a picture frame(probably took a picture of the wives and dogs out) with a (don't see brush marks so probably spray painted)metalic grey paint, and tried painting the apple logo on it, with what appears to be white out, doing a very poor job since he put it on the top not bottom. It also looks like there is felt behind the glass and the wood picture frame bevels to much. Good try though.

I see a post from mi5, but it looks like this: ;kajd;kjk;j34535lkjsdf…gibberish. :)

I think the new iMacs will be metal (ie, new screens are metal with a small base) with the cpu on the back of the screen. I read this theory on macnews.com.

I saw a box for the new displays the other day. Something tells me it didnt have the white apple logo on the side. That box has to be from a powerbook and who knows whats actually in the box. I think its a bit bogus myself, but believe what you want.

Here is a better resolution of the new imac. I think it does have TV tuner functions built in, very least cable ready.

Attachments

• imac_g5aoi.jpg
    imac_g5aoi.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 87
Doesn't the new apple display have a white color side and front/back are silver. I'm quite sure, if so that's not a display and the displays are flat no bulky on the back like in this picture

Viktor

Why is everyone saying that the iMac is going metal?

Was the 4th Gen iPod metal? Nope. Only pro machines are going to have metal enclosures.

Who is saying it is going metal? I think most are saying this is not going to be the new imac. Whatever it is a new ipad/epad or whatever, probably isn't real. This does not look like most peoples new apple display either since the packaging and some of the logos aren't correct. If the new imacs are going to be released on Tuesday pretty good bet we'll see the real images come friday, saturday or sunday. Of course everyone will say they are fake. This started with the multi colored imacs way back when and everyone was like no the shading or the plastics have lines in them, blah, blah, blah. Someone will post the real deal come this weekend. Though we still may not even hear or see of the new imac during the paris expo, that isn't a done deal either. All we know is that People will be eating tons of French Fries.

I have no idea whether or not it's an iMac, but it's fun to get all forensic about it.

This link shows the QTVR of the display:

http://www.apple.com/hardware/gallery/pmac_g5all_june2004_320.html

The new cinnie's apparently clearly have a very flat back, with no bulge. Interesting.

On the other hand, that particular box does not seem quite big enough for that display/iMac thing. It seems like you'd want a bit more padding on the perimeter given how close it appears to get to the boxes edge.

I even bothered to superimpose Apple's website pics, including proper distortion for axial displacement, but could not determine anything conclusive.

It seems reasonable to me that Apple could try and maximize cost-effectiveness of an iMac by coat-tailing the display technology. I'm not going to go so far as to say I think it's real, I'm just trying to think of reasonable positions.

In the end, you'd think the photographer would bother to take a very clear, undeniable angle or detail to leave no doubt. Therefore, it makes highly doubtful.

Back