Fit Home Videos to DVD

gabrielleitao

Issac Newton loves Apple
Hello. I have 40GB of Home Videos I recorded with my Digital Camera, from a trip I took last month. It's like 6-8 hours of video. Now, lets face it, that's toooo much. lol. Because if I compare with an 25-minute interview video I downloaded from the Internet, the size is only 210MB. The interview video is in AVI (512x384), and my home videos are in MPG (640x480). If I take one of my home videos, which is exactly 22-minutes, its size is 1GB. Its a lot if I compare with the interview with my home video, and the interview is in a great quality. How I thought, if I could make my home videos the same encoding as the one of the interview I downloaded in the Internet, I thought my videos would be in a reasonable size and I would be able to put all of them in a SINGLE DVD Disc, and that would solve all of my problems, since I don't want to make 12 DVDs to put all of my Home Videos of my trip. It would be better to have all of them in a single DVD. I tried putting about 20 copies of this interview (220MB each) on a DVD that I created with DVD Studio. It completed 4.4GB on the DVD Disc, and a total of 450 minutes of video, which is great. Then I thought if this works, I could put my home videos in that format. And it is not me, I have ltos of friends who have great quality movies on their computers, which are 700MB and have a 2-hour video file.

So, my big questions is? How can I do it? how can I encode or do something that would make possible all of my home videos to fit a single DVD, like the interview I have on my computer, with great quality, and doesnt take too much space?

Thank you for reading this, and helping me out here.

Any answer would be really appreciated,

G

Back