Fortune Cookie Mail.app bug (weirdest thing you'll see all day!)

Anthony

Registered
Today I went to look for a message I had sent a few days ago with Mail, so I switched to the Sent mailbox. Every time I opened a new message, it would display below in the preview window - but funny thing is happening, a FORTUNE COOKIE appears randomly in the middle of the message. Text-only messages that clearly don't have fortune cookie pictures in them. If I try to select text in the message, the icon goes away. Here's a partial screen shot.

cookie.jpg

After some brainstorming and digging I realized the fortune cookie was the icon associated with my user account, so part of the weirdness is explained (well at least it explains why it was a fortune cookie, I switched to the tennis ball and sure enough I got a tennis ball in the middle of my message.) It only happens in the sent mail mailbox, but shows up either in the preview pane or if I double click the message and open it in its own window. I know it hasn't always been this way, but I'm not really sure when it started to figure out what might have triggered it, since I don't go into my sent mailbox too often. I'm not too worried about fixing it, but if anybody has any theories I'd be willing to try. Just thought I'd share, I found it sort of humorous :) I'm running 10.3.1 by the way, you will probably notice the blue coloring at the top of the "Threads" in Panther's mail.app.

Hmmm ... hehehe, well I wonder if you have the cookie picture in your address book. I mean associated somehow with your own address book info. If so what happens if you take the picture out of the well next to your name in your own address card ? Its only happening in the sent box ....

I'm not sure whats going on but you're right.. hehe ... riot ! =)

"You will meet pretty lady and fall in love."

"Confucius say, eating fortune cookie while emailing may leave crumbs in virtual envelope."

"Help! I'm being held prisoner in fortune cookie factory in cyberspace."

"Your lucky number is 10.3."

Rochester Eh?

Mail.app puts my usericon at the top of every email message that I send. Likewise, if you receive an email from someone who is in your address book and has an icon associated with them, it will put it in the header portion of the message.

It just looks like you might have a display bug or something where its not putting the icon in the right place.

It's the picture in the addressbook - I gave a friend of mine (in my address book) a picture, and when he sends me an email that picture shows up in it.

Back