FT or FS: Lombard G3

Krevinek

Evil PPC Tweaker
I am currently entertaining the offer to attempt to bump myself up a couple Powerbook models (or iBook, not sure).

What I have to offer is:

Lombard G3 333 (Yeah, I know)
DVD Decoder Card
DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo Drive module (Custom Upgrade, 24x burn speed)
100MB Zip module
1 4-month-old battery that holds around a 4-hr charge
1 used batt that holds a 1-2 hr charge
Firewire PC Card
40GB internal HD
320MB RAM

I am asking about 800$ for the system as a whole, or a trade upward (even a Pismo).

333$ is just as insane considering the *recent* upgrades and the cost in those. I can tell you right now that the DVD/CD-RW drive, the battery, HD and RAM cost more than that offer, if you bought them RIGHT NOW.

They might cost that alone, but as a whole for the laptop you'll be lucky to get above $500 to 600.

Powermax (http://www.powermax.com/cgi-global/generate_css_temp.cgi?i=PM_CU_PB_LB&t=Lombard+PowerBook+G3) has some of the Lombards in the 4-600$ range right now, with a little less than what yours has. The difference is their have been 'refurbed' and are being sold by a company. Selling it yourself should expect a 10 to 20% decrease in the price you'll get. They're in the $400s range on EBay. You could always try trading/selling it to Powermax, though I doubt you'd get more than $400 from them for it. They seem to be a bit stingy on their purchases.

Good luck with it.

Krevinek said:
333$ is just as insane considering the *recent* upgrades and the cost in those. I can tell you right now that the DVD/CD-RW drive, the battery, HD and RAM cost more than that offer, if you bought them RIGHT NOW.

a brand new ibook G4 is only about 300 more than the 800 you're asking. upgraded or not 800 is far too much. I would say 400-450.

Back