G3 Pismo memory

Jimbolgs

Registered
I just received a 512Mb memory module for my Pismo (from ebay). I ordered PC100 and the guy sent me PC133.

If I put PC133 in my G3 Powerbook Pismo 400mhz will it work or should I send it back and demand PC100?

The memory was actually advertised as PC100 for Apple Laptops and I specifically told the guy on the order I needed PC100, he's going to get negative feedback either way.

What a $^*@!

Jimbolgs said:
I just received a 512Mb memory module for my Pismo (from ebay). I ordered PC100 and the guy sent me PC133.

If I put PC133 in my G3 Powerbook Pismo 400mhz will it work or should I send it back and demand PC100?

The memory was actually advertised as PC100 for Apple Laptops and I specifically told the guy on the order I needed PC100, he's going to get negative feedback either way.

What a $^*@!

Ignore me, I've just been reading up and it seems some PC133 chips work with a PC100 bus and some don't - guess I'll just ahave to stick it in and see if it works...

I'll let you know for anyone who's interested.

the PC133 is usually backwards compatible. The only thing you want to do is try to avoid using dissimilar chips (i.e. mixing of different brands, different types PC133/100, etc.). This will at least ensure fewer potential problems.

But I already have a PC100 256 chip sat in there, well - if there's a problem I'll send it back and demand what was advertised.

OK, I take it all back — The RAM worked hence the new signature on my profile.

133 is ok with Pismos

Back