Generic RAM

qwikstreet

OS X Friendly
How good and reliable is this compared to Kingston and others. I am looking through dealram.com for some good prices. Theres a generic 512MB for my iBook for under $98 at 18004memory.com.

Neither can I recommend Kingston nor generic ram. Check out search. A lot of ppl collected their experiences about certain brands in several threads.

I've used 1884memory.com many times before. In my old G3 and in two G4s here at work. No issues that i've seen.

I use Crucial, Integral and Kingston. Crucial seems to be the cheapest non-generic RAM manufacturer. You can get a pretty good deal from their website http://www.crucial.com and their prices are similar to plain old generic RAM.

I gotta go with crucial also. I was surprised to see the ram that i ordered from crucial has the same logo on the sticker as the stock "apple" ram that came in my powerbook

dont get kingmax unless you want a very bad paperweight...

ram for apples is expensive and annoying, I say head to your local mac seller and pay the price of elitism

fbp_ said:
dont get kingmax unless you want a very bad paperweight...

ram for apples is expensive and annoying, I say head to your local mac seller and pay the price of elitism

Ever since the beige Power Macintosh G3 desktops, Apples have used the exact same RAM as Windows PCs. There is no such thing as "Apple RAM" or "Windows/PC RAM."

Back