gp3 convert

spb

Registered
Hi,

I'm looking for a program to convert gp3 to a "standard" video format such as mpeg or even AVI.

I know that this can be done with QTpro, but I haven't purchased the Pro edition and don't really want to. (Yes, I can view these files with QT, but I want to convert the movies to a format that my grandfather, living 1000 miles away and running WinXP, can view without needing to install new software.)

There are free converters such as "Mobile3GP" and "3GPtoRawAVI" for MSWindows. Unfortunatly these are not GPL and hence the source code is not distributed with the binary so I can't port them to OSX.

Does anyone know of a free Mac converter or GPL'd Windows converter that I can port. Having said this I also have a Linux machine so any software that works in Linux I am also willing to work with.

Thank you,

Download ffmpegX from versiontracker. It handles dozens of video formats and might be able to help. You can try it but if you use it you should pay the $15 shareware fee.

spb said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a program to convert gp3 to a "standard" video format such as mpeg or even AVI.

I know that this can be done with QTpro, but I haven't purchased the Pro edition and don't really want to. (Yes, I can view these files with QT, but I want to convert the movies to a format that my grandfather, living 1000 miles away and running WinXP, can view without needing to install new software.)

There are free converters such as "Mobile3GP" and "3GPtoRawAVI" for MSWindows. Unfortunatly these are not GPL and hence the source code is not distributed with the binary so I can't port them to OSX.

Does anyone know of a free Mac converter or GPL'd Windows converter that I can port. Having said this I also have a Linux machine so any software that works in Linux I am also willing to work with.

Thank you,

Back