Green desktop

livefortoday649

Registered
My desktop turned green when I turned it on and all the folders and menu bar. The Dock Icons are the right colours but turn green when I open a programe except the Finder one which stays the correct colour but has a worring green spot beneath it. The web pages load in their correct colours. Please can anyone help?

Start up from the OS X disk and run Disk Utility and Hardware Test. It sounds like something is not functioning right.

When you restart your Mac, and it goes through the grey screen, then to a blue screen just before the desktop/menubar/dock loads - when do you see the background change to green? Does that happen immediately - or, later on, just as the icons and dock appear on the screen?

Hi
Cheryl was on the right track. I did the hardware test and it showed that there was not a fault but when I restarted everything went back to normal. Not sure how the fault occurred but it has been OK since.

If it happens again, take a screenshot by pressing command-shift-3. If the screenshot looks right, with no color distortions, then that means it's a problem with your display or video output hardware. If the screenshot contains the distortion, that could point to a software problem (or perhaps a different kind of hardware problem).

Back