Green screen

Rhisiart

Registered
If I boot up my G4 until the login screen comes up and leave it for five minutes without logging in (say for example if I have to answer the phone etc.), my entire screen turns green. I can only get rid of it by re-booting.

Any ideas anyone please?

Maybe your Colorsync settings? Check the settings for your display and make sure that it's not set to something else. Also, give a look over in the Universal Access preferences and make sure nothing weird is enabled.

Maybe your Colorsync settings?
Thanks for your reply. Using Profile First Aid in Colorsync setings I get this message:

Searching for profiles...
Checking 61 profiles...
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/color/profiles/ProPhoto.icm
Header white point is not D50.
Verify done - found 1 bad profile.

However, I am not sure that this is relevant, or is it? Needless to say I have repaired it.

is this a crt? if it is the vdu may be on its way out..you can get this fixed, but if the problems show now it may be time to replace the moniter.

If its a LCD then the priblem is the voltage regulator on the lcd screen, this can be fixed and will continue as if new..

is this a crt? if it is the vdu may be on its way out..you can get this fixed, but if the problems show now it may be time to replace the moniter.
22" Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 200 CRT. Cost a small fortune five years ago. So I may need to consider a repair job?

P.S. Green screen only appears pre-login.

hmm, only appears before login...wierd, is it "flicking" from green to normal? is it bluey green? sounds as if the red pot is failing...( pot is on the ht board controlling the red hue)

hmm, only appears before login...wierd, is it "flicking" from green to normal? is it bluey green? sounds as if the red pot is failing...( pot is on the ht board controlling the red hue)
Most definitely only occurring at pre-login. Never at any other time. No flickering at all. It is this shade:

green.jpg

Could it be a screensaver? Does that kick in pre login at all? Guess not. But it doesn't really sound like a hardware problem to me if it's simply green-everything (not a greenish version of the login screen)...

Are you using a DB adaptor? check the pins on the cable, are they bent damaged?
No. Wierd isn't it?

Could it be a screensaver? Does that kick in pre login at all? Guess not. But it doesn't really sound like a hardware problem to me if it's simply green-everything (not a greenish version of the login screen)...
It's not a screensaver. The screen goes totally green after leaving the Login page for five minutes without logging in. If I put the G4 to sleep and wake it up no green screen appears, regardless of how long it has been asleep. I could take a photo of it, but the green square shown earlier in this thread represents it pretty well.

Ever since I followed Nixgeek's advice and corrected the ColorSync error the green screen pre-login has not come back.

Thank you to everyone for their help.

Back