guessing host type since 10.2.4

antadam

Registered
I upgraded from 10.2.3 to 10.2.4 when it came out and i just reinstalled dec dev tools and the x11 sdk so that i can compile programs under x11. in either case, i'm trying to compile glib 1.2.10 and i keep getting an error when running
./configure that says
checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type; you must specify one
now i know what this means, but i'm not quite sure how to get rid of it. any suggestions?
thanks in advance

http://homepage.mac.com/samchops/MACOSX/build.html
In many cases the build step involves running a configure script. Occasionally you'll run a configure script that gives error message stating that the host type cannot be determined. In such a case, you can usually either specify the configure option --host=powerpc-apple-darwin6.4 as I've done in the examples below. (Note in this case, we are using darwin6.4. To determine the correct release of darwin, enter the command uname -r.) You can alternatively copy two files into the build directory, that is, into the same directory that contains the script configure.
Code:
cp /usr/share/libtool/config.guess .
cp /usr/share/libtool/config.sub .
Occasionally, the configure option --build=powerpc-apple-darwin6.4 is needed to produce the desired result (again assuming we're using darwin release 6.4).

In some cases, there are additional steps to be performed. ...

Back