Help HP Officejet printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsnap

Bohemian
Anyone out there having problems with the HP OfficeJet 6110 all-in-one since updating OS X to 10.3.9? Can't print from ThinkFree Office or Quicken anymore. Adobe PDFs are fine as is Text Edit. Don't know about browsers or email yet as my private email is down while the server is being moved to a new home.

So the problem is the printer acts like it's reading the information from the document asked to be printed, but it doesn't print, It only shoots the paper out unprinted. Actually it will shoot out 2-3 papers even if it's only one page to be printed.

I've uninstalled the drivers and installed the new one along with the driver update 3 times and still the problem persists. I've done a Reset on the printer a couple of times too and still no luck. I called HP and they said it's an Apple problem.

I updated to 10.3.9 the day it was released, no problems. The OJ-6110 has been working fine for me since. You didn't by chance install any of the CUPS drivers or play with the CUPS system any, have you ((from the stock versions/setting included with Panther))? I've heard rumors that a lot of people having done that have had issues lately.

mdnky said:
I updated to 10.3.9 the day it was released, no problems. The OJ-6110 has been working fine for me since. You didn't by chance install any of the CUPS drivers or play with the CUPS system any, have you ((from the stock versions/setting included with Panther))? I've heard rumors that a lot of people having done that have had issues lately.

I'm not sure? What are CUPS drivers and CUPS systems? I've played with so many things that I may have inadvertently done something. Most of the adjustments I've made are within the printer settings or page layout settings offered in the individual programs.

The 2 progams I can't seem to print from anymore are Quicken 2004 and ThinkFree Office (which has always been a bit touchy in itself).
These are the 2 I need to print from most often, wouldn't ya know. :mad:

I can print from Adobe and TextEdit just fine.
Am now trying to print from Thunderbird Mail. That works. :eek:

Will now try from Firefox. That did not work. :(

Issue has been resolved in another thread. Thanks to an angle.
See: Recommend Multi-Functional scanner/printer. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back