Help: InDesign Trial and the "License Manager"

IslandJordan

Registered
So I recently downloaded the Adobe InDesign trail form the Adobe website. Everything installed without incident, but when I open the application I get a message that says: "Failed to initialize privilege (438) for Adobe InDesign." The application won't open. Then, I notice that when I launched the app, another app opened at the same time called the License Manager. I found this located in a directory called "Privileges" in the Library directory in root.

I have never seen this directory, nor have I ever heard of the License Manager. I searched the Apple Knowledge Base, and it hasn't heard of it either, apparently. The installer log for InDesign doesn't say anything about creating these folders. The License Manager is also buggy because I couldn't quit it without force quitting.

1) What is the License Manager? Where did it come from? Can I delete it?
2) How do I solve to privilege problem so I can use the InDesign trial?

Thanks!

Jordan

Dear All,

Welcome the Aladdin Privileges. This software is used for the 30-day trail software like Adobe Indesign and Macromedia Dreamweaver MX. I too had major problems with Adobe Indesign trail, I only got the thing to work once and after that, my time expired.
A few people have try to 'reset' the 30 day clock, but with no success. I tried hard and long and the only solutions I found was to buy the software or reinstall the System Software. Aladdin Privileges installs invisible files on your hard drive, but how many and where is a different question.
Do rememeber that Adobe are not going to make it easy for you to reset the clock. If they did, you never buy the software, you just keep reseting the clock.
I think that if you buy Adobe software, you have 90 days to take the sotware back for a full refurd. Check the Terms & Conditions for this.

Back