help with hd

THEMACER

Registered
I am trying to install the apple update 10.5 combo. Right now i am under 10.1 and os 9.1. My hd is partioned with 9.1and10.1. When i got to install the update it wont let me select my hd. My hd appeares gray so i cant higlight it. What to do?

Firstly, that's the 10.1.5 update. :p

There are a couple of reasons why it would be grayed out. One is if you are already running 10.1.5 (check this by selecting About This Mac in the apple menu) or that you haven't 'authenticated' the installer by clicking the little padlock and entering an administrator password.

I've done this a lot of times since moving to OS X. I'll find myself wondering why a dialogue is grayed out, and it will take a moment to notice the little padlock in the corner is 'latched'.

I know the lock thing but that ways b4 i get to the select the destination volume screen. I dont understand y its not working. I am under 10.1.

I have the installer update and a 10.1.5 combo update which is supposto update anything above 10.1 to 10.1.5. When i try to install the installer update thats when its grayed out? IF i try to install the 10.1.5 update it says i need the installer update first so im stuck. What to do??

IIRC, you have to install the security update before you can install the installer update. After both of those have been done, you should be able to install the 10.1.5 upgrade.

Back