Herve's Bar & Grill

he ha, Ed knows how to coax me out of my hole with his word game.

Oh a new bartender, hi tismey. Can't say anything about that Manhattan but I'll have a pint of some real beer please. Have any stout back there? I'm a bit hungry and think that will fill me up nicely till I figure out what to eat. You know it wouldn't be so bad to try some of that hydrogen hydroxide everyones chipping about.

Cool so we're getting a sun room here. What a great idea.

Btw if someone sees Herve before I do, he needs to clear his PM box. It's full of fan mail.

Hey klink!!

i was just noticing the time and figured i might find you here. How's it going tonite? i need to loosen up. i think i'll get myself a lemon spritzer and fire up a cig and just sit here and relax. I was getting all worked up by some rudeness over in the design crowd forum and now i just need to relax. is it really too much to ask for somebody to say thanks when you take the time to respond to a post when they are asking a question? or to at least respond to your response within a week? Maybe i should make that an orange spritzer:confused:

so hey, the sun room is going to be at my home in calf. -real world kinda thing. in use it will really be my gf's sewing room, but the contrators have to call it a sunroom to get the permit. which is going to take 2-3 mos because of the coastal protection stuff. seems a bit much just to stick a 12x14 room in your backyard that you already own.

(maybe rick was right, maybe i am having a bad day:p

but hey if you want to add a sun room on here at Herve's then be my guest. get your crew together and go to it!!

I'm just chillin Ed, sippin on some fine stout tismey poured me. And he knows how to serve it right to.

Sit back and relax I'll get you that spritzer.

I knew you were getting the sun room for your house. I remembered from congrats. Sounds like quite a project. 2-3 months! Are they building it with steel girders?
It sounds like a welcome addition to you home. I remember some of your networking plans you had for it.

Nah, rick was off base. Your posts through out the day showed no signs of that. You were busy yes, but didn't seem like a bad day.

btw how's sissy doing with getting a new gig. I can't help but think something should be coming soon with all the hype from the fashion shows.
Does the misses check them out, the fashion shows?

no word from sis since last friday. she is kinda between 'no news is good news' and 'loss of momentum is loss of the job' as far as this job she is waiting to hear back from after her interview. Her headhunter says they are still interested but just moving slow. Do New Yorkers actually move slow?;)
as for my gf, she's not one for fashion shows. reason i didn't get back to you (and you are probably in bed by now) is she called me to watch 'sex in the city' with her. that's about as close to a fashion show as she gets. I am the one who earned a 2 yr degree in fashion merchandising and worked in the hair fashion industry helping to put on shows for about 6 mos.. but that's another story. (is anybody out there keeping track of my jobs? at the end of the year there will be a quiz:D )
i somehow managed to pick a couple of majors that are full of women. I bet i am one of the few men on this site who is used to sitting in a room with 70-90% females:D :D and feeling at ease with that.:cool:

ahhh, the spritzer helps. thanks klink. always nice to treat yourself every now and then.

you know today wasn't as busy as it was just disjointed. We are having a going away party for our aussie friend and her husband with 10 people for dinner including us. so there is preparing and cleaning and....
no regular routine to the day of any kind. Gf decides she's ready to do something and so i need to be ready to do it to. But the party should be fun and the fresh salmon will be delicious (mmmm) I'll try to save a plate so everybody can try it:)

well, it's nice to know there's one or 2 corners of this site that we've created a little haven of civility in. Guess i'll head back out and see what the mercenaries and kernal victims are up to now :rolleyes:

oh, almost forgot - my problem wasn't with ricky at all. he and i had just gotten thru going thru the thing about the type on his website and he didn't understand what i was talking about for a while. we got it straight and he was nice about the whole thing. he was really just joking with me i think, more than blowing me off. at least that's the way i interpretted it. but if you see the post i left after yours, you will know who really pissed me off and why (i know you know, but just to let everybody else know:p )
i'd like to hope that post wasn't typical of me. but he still hasn't seen me get really nasty and i hope i never see it either. i enjoy this site and most of the people here too much.:) :cool:

I wish sis the best. It's not easy keeping the self esteem going when your out of work.
You know I'm seeing more people loosing there gigs due to company cut backs. It's getting a little unsettling. It's happening where I work as well, cutting back hours. I'm waiting to see who's gonna get cut first. Crossing fingers and prepping resumes.

Sorry about that 'slip of the key' on the misses. I meant Gf. When are going to make an honest woman out her Ed?
Just kidding.

Uhh, a disjointed day can wreck your whole state of mind. I understand, I understand totally.

Cheese wiz, it's 5 in the morning! I'm hittin the sack.
Glad I'm on vacation.

Did you notice the shamrock in the top of the pint, Klink? Now THAT's bartending...

I'm going to drink this Manhattan myself if no-one claims it...

we couldn't afford to get married if we wanted to. i would lose all my student loan status and she couldn't afford me without it. besides she made her brother promise to shoot her if she ever gets married again. having been burned once myself, i prefer this one day at a time method. it has gotten us thru almost 10 yrs which is a pretty long time. Trying to live up to expectations is a lot harder than just being happy living together if you know what i mean.;)

vacation eh? no wonder you really are up later than usual this time. hope you're having some fun and kicking your feet up and relaxing (good alternating activities for vacations i've found).

hmm, i could swear i just saw tismey and ksv both around here somewhere.:cool:

One day at a time for ten years is mighty long ed :p

Once you get your PhD just get married lol :p Its about time me thinks ;)

herve imposters in his own bar. what is the world coming to?:rolleyes:

gotta say i like your new avatar ksv. it doesn't make me dizzy like ulrik's :p

hey, is any body interested in having a macosx.com fanatasy baseball league? it would be free thru sportsline.

klink - i don't think awhite likes us.:D

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

gotta say i like your new avatar ksv. it doesn't make me dizzy like ulrik's :p

Danke/Takk/Thanks :)
You mean the football one, I guess? I've made two -and can't decide which one to use :p
The other alternative is a suggestion on how the new WTC should be built (ok, maybe not especially political correct...) :rolleyes:

Yeah, a virtual baseball leaugue would be cool, although virtual olympics would be cooler :p

Man! I dont come to the bar in 24 hours and I miss all the activity. Thats the last time I try to stay sober. Tismey, lets try a screwdriver.

A Herve imposter? Talk about your weird people. Maybe we got it wrong, maybe its a Herve poser.

Baseball league? Sure, im in. I have to warn you though, I like to cheat.;) Can I still cork a bat? Take steroids?;)

I personally like the avatar. I could watch it for hours and hours and hours and hours and.... *SMACK*!

:D

virtual olympics - maybe in the next summer games.

ok, that's 2 teams, who else will play?

and yes, the football avatar it the one i am referring to. the head trap is a particularly nice touch:p

tismey, that shamrack was a nice authentic touch, thanks. You're no stranger around a pub I see.
I hear you're from Leamington. That's the Leamington in Warwickshire England not Ontario, Canada right? You never can be to sure these days.

Appletree- Herve is quite an interesting fellow. Are you sure you want to try to fill his shoes?
Your profile is a bit scant. Tell us a bit about yourself, like where is Firenze?

kurkkk..nfff Ed, you just gave me a snout full of stout.
Yes, I got a touching love letter from him this morning. Did he personally express his love to you to?
I was just thinking what a good read your resume would be. Hair fashion industry? Now I would have never figured that one.
This is one of those take your vacation days before it expires type of thing. So I've been removing myself from the work mind set as much as possible because I know I will get slammed hard as soon as I walk through the door Thursday. You probable won't be hearing much from me for a little while after that. But I give the Admiral preemptive mutitasking thing a try and see how it goes.
btw check you email please.

ksv- that is a nice avatar. I'm a bit ignorant with those kind of things. How is that done?

I'm not really into sports and haven't played a game since I had my Bally console in grade school. Is it ok if I just watch you guys from the side lines?

Back