Herve's Bar & Grill

Choi Nori is 49cc`s?
Man, I love my 150cc Bajaj Legend's power and manual transmission! :)

(I'll take the girl tho - look like a girl I was dating in college, then again most of them do! ;) :D )

Well I finally got Broadband at home (SBC Yahoo DSL) which - altho feels slow, it actually WORKS (compared to Adelphia PowerLink Cable that, well - didn't!).

I only have a lowly PC at home, and it really sucks (browsing plus downloading slows it down BAD, even with 512MBs of ram!).

Plus the fact I need to take my work with me (graphics, sites, files), so I'm really considering getting the 12" PowerBook...

But the only thing that turns me off about it is both USB and FireWire are the older/slower generation with no way to add a PCMCIA upgrade card. :(

And I'm only budgeting ~$1500 for it (so I'll spend a little more to get the SuperDrive).

And here I am speaking about buying stuff without a penny to my name (rent, insurance and other stuff can really drain a wallet and bank account fast!). :p :rolleyes:

These are my responses to the last several responses:

Androo: My experience was much the same.

Voice: Yeah, Apple only makes the computers... :)

G: Looks like come kind of Pokémon-inspired scooter.

Trip: Good!

Symph: The Italscooter looks like an ATV raped a motorcycle.

Perseus: Make sure you don't hit tab while writing email.

Sogni: We have Earthlink DSL, and I love it. The only issue, and this probably isn't Earthlink's fault, but they cause the problem, is that we have to use MacPoET (Mac PPP over Ethernet) to connect, which isn't that big a deal. The problem comes when disconnecting. If someone disconnects, then chances are that the next person who connects will not be able to get through. I don't know why, but often in these situations the next person has to restart the computer. But besides that, it's great.

Perseus: While I can sympathise with you for having to use a PC at work, just be grateful you don't have to FIX PCs at work. :p

Giguara: The bike I would like to get (though this prob won't happen now that I'm working casual) is the BMW Street Carver:

http://www.motorcycles.bmw.com.au/fmodels/f650cs.htm

Though, if I had to get a scoot, I like the Suzuki Burgman, the Yamaha T-Max and the Piaggio X9... Of course, none of those comes in anywhere near $500US.

Symph: But that way, you can break them and tell the customer either it's their fault, or it's unrepairable. Then you can "recommend" they purchase a Macintosh.

I hope you don't get fired for taking this route, though... ;)

i'd like something like THIs actually ... but those japanese toy bikes/scooters look just so fun as well. i'd be less dangerous to myself with one of these toy bikes btw :)

Originally posted by Giaguara
i'd like something like THIs actually ... but those japanese toy bikes/scooters look just so fun as well. i'd be less dangerous to myself with one of these toy bikes btw :)

What? You actually like something Italian? ;-) Ducatis are awesome.

Originally posted by Giaguara
i'd like something like THIs

Hmmm... how about a combination of both? They (not sure who) makes a Scooter - that looks like a sport bike - something like that ducati even! I was beside myself when I saw it. Maybe my next bike??? :)

Yes i do. Coffee (=espresso), sports cars (ferraris, diablo etc ..) ... umh. you know what i don't like but that's not so place-dependent so AFAIK it's kind of 'europe-other-than-UK'-thing. hooray, being 'non-male' is not anymore a handicap here ...

Personally, I'd go for a vehicle with 4 wheels and at least 2 seats side-by-side, but that's just my opinion.

If I were to get a scooter, I'd get a Razor scooter or similar for tootling around college.

Nah, I've had enough with 4 wheels! Now after getting my bike (see it as a Motorcycle or Scooter or whathaveyou) I feel FREE!
I'm going to have a very hard time getting back into a car!

Anyone want an old Mustang (302 V8 5.0L)? It's just taking up space in my parking spot! :p :D

You can imagine the drastic change from $20+ to fill the tank on the Mustang to last me what the bike uses LESS than $2 bucks (1 gallon = 85-100 Miles Per Galllon), not to mention insurance! From $200 covers the bike for a year!

The only reason I'd go back to 4 wheels would be when I get married and start a family...

Until then, I am on 2 wheels and FREE!!! :) :) :)

(uh, I'll eat those words if I can ever afford one of my classic dream cars) :D

Nah, Ducati's look better! And they'd be powerful enough to hold 2 people (of which not 2 as skinny as me), not like Choi Noris, even when they are pretty ... I think i investigate better the japanese motorcycle market and what i can do about them to get one ^_^

Bikers really bug me when they weave in and out of traffic without using their blinkers, expecting everyone to give way to their whimsy. I know, not all bikers do this, but plenty do to make it annoying.

I prefer the safety and security of a car.

Last night I was driving down i-94 when some dumb ass on a bike entered the freeway and just shot off down the shoulder *while* riding his back wheel. He scared the crap outta everyone in the car, and looked like he was about to kill himself... Sometimes people are just stupid!
But man... right when he flew past his engine backfired or something and just popped so loud.

I like to run with the bikes! Been lucky i guess ... broke my leg once (it was violet on the cut part for a year after) and destroyed quite badly-looking one heavy coat (i felt really lucky. the coat was really heavy so it saved my back) :)

Yeah, some people have a death-wish, doesn't really matter if it's on a bike or a car.

I've seen more idiot drivers in cars - especially the ones with a god-damned phone stuck in their ear, smoking a cigar or cigarette, and trying to drive! All at the same time!!
ARGH!!!

Back