Herve's Bar & Grill

If i may interject, I belive that African swallows are non-migratory. One european one could carry it by the husk, but its not a question of where it could be grabbed. A 5 oz bird simply cannot carry a 3 pound coconut. You see? A swallow needs to flap its wings 78 times per minute in order to stay in the air.....

BTW Don't laugh with my avatar. It has a floppy drive. It is having SEX all the time with the computer from the macko.

Another drink for Matrix Ed, he's making too much sense.
Next stop for us Matrix should be the Castle of the Virgin's. Who's coming along? Herve, since you're half dressed? And give your computers some privacy then if they're having all that sex.
One catch, we'll have to pass over the bridge of death! Be prepared for some questions. I shant taunt you a second time.

he he - not sure about the coconut thing. i've never tried to swallow a whole one before. :rolleyes: i guess there are still frontiers left for govt. scientists to explore. i wouldn't listen to phil too seriously. he is a wrongist and is still trying to figure out how ants can carry so much more than their body weight. i also doubt he has ever swallowed a whole coconut either.

sounds like lou reed was cool. as human as i have imagined him. probably something of a genius as well. so will it say "klink" on the albums?:p

so who was your favorite to work with and why?

anybody else ready for another round? we've got some eggrolls coming out of the oven in a short bit. stick around it you are hungry:D

to paraphrase the eagles:

"and i know my life would look alright if i could see it on my 'puter screen..";)

Talking Heads are nice 2.
Burning Down The House
something for psychiaters
Don't forget to take your portion of Haldol Ed!
Zinedine Zidane uses IT

If you shuck your nuts, remove some of the hair, and drain it's milk, you shouldn't have a problem.

I think Lou's genius is in the way he interprets the world around him and his experiences rather than the words he speaks in normal conversation. Then again we were concentrating on the body of work, there's usually not enough time in the day or energy for deep convo's or analyzation. I can say jocularities were kept to a minimum. The tone of the sessions where pretty dark. The album was Songs for Drella. That could explain the general tone. Plus he was just getting over his drinking problem at the time. So perhaps I didn't catch him at his best.
Why of coarse they'll read Klink.
I think my favorite sessions was with a band named The Samples. The band was produced by Phil Ramone, a very well respected person in the industry. Phil managed to get Chaka Khan to do some vocals on this one particular track. The engineer for the session was so frightened to record her that he threw the controls of the tape machine to me to do the track. I took it and finished the job. After the takes were finished, Phil complimented me on the work I did. I cherished that little recognition from someone like that. It felt very good. As I've mentioned, being credited or acknowledged is somewhat lacking in the biz, so when it comes, it's excellent. And Chaka is simply a blast. She's a party animal! And very sexy to. There wasn't a flat set of Levis in the room.

Herve I like the Heads to. I particularly like David Burns of the bunch. I'm glad to hear you like something other than Samantha. I was getting worried you were getting too much Sam-In-The-Brain. One thing, your tests are advancements for work right? Not Sabam?

So bartender, which area of psychology do you plan to ponce once you're done with the academics? And who is your favorite psychologist?

hey, nobody's shucking my nuts. period. end of discussion.:D

Getting a compliment from Phil Ramone is something to carry with you. especially for emergency duty!! I always found that the biggest stars are the nicest people, and treat most people with common respect. It's the wannabe's and hasbeens (or rather almost beens) that act like their sh*t should be bottled and sold. I don't think i have any samples, but i will start going thru my collections looking for "klink";)
as for Lou, you're probably right . he was probably dealing with how to be serious and so he wore that kinda of persona to protect himself. makes sense to me.

So chaka Khan tented the whole place:p :p

as for me, i want to go into clinical psychology working with the severely mentally ill. folks like yourself. (JUST KIDDING). people with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder (manic depressive), severe depression, post traumatic stress disorder, etc. they may be more difficult, but they are never boring. plus there just aren't enough people who really want to work with them and so often treatment is minimal. i wouldn't mind doing drug and alcohol treatment with rock stars either;)

ok, who wants eggrolls?

*Phil gets up off the stool awkardly, knocking it over. Raises his glass in his hand and says,"Play me a song, you're the piano man." (Sorry about that.) (Rewind.) Raises his glass in his hand asnd says,"I've taken a professional Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test! Aren't you excited?"

*Bottles are thrown. Herve exclaims,"Look! Why should i have a mac with glue when it can be made from horses on a graphics chip?"

*Phil hits herve in the head with a coconut. (Drained.)

Phil goes on with his story. *Unmuffled groaning from the assembly.

"I've been reclassified as an ENTP. You better appreciate me or I will criticize you, especially those of you who seem to be inefficient or incompetent."

*Admiral gets up off the floor. Rasies his hand. "Are you talking about me?"

Phil snaps,"Shut your beer hole. Go back to sleep."

*Admiral hits the deck.

*The BeeGees come on the juke. A man in white polyester comes dancing down an aisle. What once was a faded wood floor, is not a rainbow of lighted squares. We have been transported to Queens. Klink hoots with joy. His cab fare will be much cheaper now.

*Ed is in the corner playing cards, smoking a huge cigar. There are two girls on either side of him. He's talking about the rampant spread of wrongism in todays society. The girls seem very interested. Herve comes over, and discovers that one of the women is samantha fox. Herve hits the deck. Right next to admiral.

*The bartender is admin, or better know as "macd" to regulars of the bar. He pours with extreme ability, as though he has been doing this all his life. The bartender looks forward to bigger, brighter things. HE wants everyone in the bar to join him there. Everyone there likes macd, except Manic, who sits in the corner and tries to nurse his feet back to health. His effort is made in vain though, since windows help has told him to rub salt into the wounds. He shrieks in pain. A pint glass, directed by racer x, meets manic in the face.

Would anyone like to continue?:D Sorry for the harshness Admiral, but you know how it is....

Phil, can I call you that? That image was creamy. Very funny. I think I was able to get all the references. You have a good memory to, you remembered I lived in Queens. Ya bastard. wink wink nudge nudge

Ed that's been my experience with music stars as well, generally. There are always the exceptions. Perhaps not so exceptional. The types that play the people game very well. It's not easy to spot them but sometimes if emotions are pressed, true colors show and the facade is destroyed. Being able to observe an artist in one of their most vulnerable states, working on their music, lends to witnessing this. It's marvelous as an art form I think, the behavioral mechanisms, but when you know it's a facade, you realize it's pretty evil.
Jeez Ed, you don't fuck around. That's about as deep in the shit as you can go in psych. Clinical psychology working with the severely mentally ill. You'll have case studies that will fill volumes. If you love the workings of the mind, you should be in heaven. You can really stretch the bounds of psychical theories with those types of cases couldn't you. I can see you doing that gig naturally, especially the latter of the 2, D&A.
You didn't mention who was your fave. And I'll throw in a why to.

Your coconuts are safe in their palm tree Ed.

Quater goes in. Presses J34-Steve Miller.
"Girl I want your peaches let me shake your tree...."

i just got caught up in blabbing about other stuff. Besides i'm still watching my nuts pretty close. :rolleyes: (not that close:mad: )

pretty hard to say. Carl Rogers, Jung and Stanislav Grof would be the three to come to mind most rapidly. not Timothy Leary as some might have suspected;)

*ed gets sidetracked singing "timothy leary's dead..."*

oh, wait, here's the eggrolls and the bass.

much easier to say which schools of theory i adhere to most closely. First and formost Humanistic/Existential psychology. Then Transpersonal Psychology. I am very well trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and find it a great tool when applied to any theory. I would never consider myself a Jungian, unless it was a strict choice between Freud and Jung, but i am very influenced by him and feel that manyof his ideas were the seeds of the first two schools i mentioned. Most importantly, Jung believed in "individuation" which basically means learning to feel ok with yourself without having to 'fit in'. Freud thought the only cure was to learn to 'fit in'. So i suppose Freud would use a pc and Jung a mac. Jung might like linux in principle but i think he would never have had the time to learn it. more on why after i unload the shipment of bass that just arrived. I think we are going to need lots of it.:p

phil - i am sure you are cut off now. you can't tell a cigar from a cigarette and yakking off about those two girls is rather rude. if my GF finds out i am dead meat:eek:
you also better be quick when Admiral and Herve get back up off the floor. and anymore violence from you and i WILL call the cyborgs to take you away. You may continue talking to Klink but only if you refrain from this derilect behavior. Hitting the bar owner is not good policy anywhere i have ever been.:p
other than that it was a nice little tale of debauchery:D

Well now I'm even more curious to know the why.
I didn't think it would be necessary to ask for schools of theory, your fave choices would have given me a good foundation to make an assumption. They seem to be in line with your response. I think you're absolutely correct in thinking Jung seeded those schools of thought. During that time Mysticism was the rage, if I remember correctly.
I detect a tinge of negativity when you mention Freud. Am I correct to assume this? And there must have been an event or perhaps a particular theory that evokes this negativity. Or maybe you don't care for bearded men with cigars. What could it be?
I'll tread lightly here as it's been years since I put on my psychology hat and I'm very rusty. I n the late '80's I became consumed with Freud's papers. To the point of acquiring most all translated by James Strachey and even Freud's letters to Jung and Fliess (I still haven't forgave Jung for bashing Freud after being such a close friend and digesting all his theories as a disciple does). It was an enlightening time for me. But years later I would come to find how learning such a discipline (the way I did, through self education and without real field practice) was very dangerous when used incorrectly. I think once I realized this, I put on the brakes for casual analysis. But like other sciences I still enjoy a good brain teasing theory.

Ok I still got a why coming.

Nice:)

Watch out though, Admin (the Bartender) problably wants that to be "Press3.com"

Pretty soon he'll be actually asking you to pay your tab.....

Better watch your step.:cool:

phil - you seemed to be confused. I am the bartender. MacD is the landlord. He owns the physical location of the bar. so far rent is dirt cheap. we are paid up for at least the next few months. he will stop by every now and then just to make sure YOU are not trashing the place:D

BB (short for blingbling) - GREAT LOGO!! We will display it proudly. Your tab is covered by the house for a very long time. order anything you would like, price is no object:)

klink - as soon as i get thru with some chores around here, like cleaning up phil's messes, i will get back to you. don't expect anything till after the superbowl.

now i gotta go in the back room for awhile. keep an eye on sithious. he has been awfully quiet. ;)

Sorry Ed, never really bothered to look up to see who was pouring. So what's going on in the back room? A little bit of bootlegging? Ed Spruiells special 200 proof liquor?

Don't worry, I wont tell. In fact, I'd love to help you out. I am the anti-american highschooler. Where everyone else is out getting screwed up, I'm at home, making beer, but never drinking it. The world is full of paradoxes, isn't it?

Oh yeah, Klink, I remebered why I kneew you were from queens. Remember that hilarious Queens dialect of OS X thread?:D

Back