Herve's Bar & Grill

Well, if you can get a girl talking about something you also can talk about, they often (at least with me) mention their boyfriend at some point, so you know this girl is out. With others, politely ask if they're seeing anyone else, and if they say yes, then be really cool about it. Just always be cool, listen to what they have to say and, if you can, make them laugh. If it helps, prepare something beforehand to say and rehearse it if necessary. Just don't look like an idiot.

I asked one girl I know out, and she kind of skirted the issue, though she never said yes. I even wrote her a nice letter about it. Finally, I asked her why she wouldn't go out with me, and she said it was because she was Catholic and I was Jewish, and we wouldn't ever be able to get married, so there was no point in going out. I saw her point, but I was still hurt (though of course I didn't show it). So sometimes there're other circumstances that will prevent something from happening, but always give it your best shot (and breaking down and rambling is certainly not your best shot).

In my experience eye contact is a plus, but usually in quick furtive glances. What Arden says is right too, be cool, and dont do anything that would come off as "creepy". Ive also seen that if someone likes you they will not say that something you do or like is bad, for example, if i say i like the movie True Lies "she will say oh..thats a good one" instead of i am not really a big fan of action movies. If she does have similar likes, say in music, then she will flip out and say "OMG i love Journey too, that is so cool"

Arden: That is really tough about the girl who wouldnt date out of her religion

I've never had that problem before for some reason, and yeah I've dated girls of different religions (and races)... Hardly anyone of my family's religion.

And out of all the girls I've dated/been with, I've been engaged twice - and haven't married... So that girl was really taking a long-shot. :rolleyes:

Just curious, is she at least friends?

Originally posted by arden
Well, if you can get a girl talking about something you also can talk about, they often (at least with me) mention their boyfriend at some point, so you know this girl is out. With others, politely ask if they're seeing anyone else, and if they say yes, then be really cool about it. Just always be cool, listen to what they have to say and, if you can, make them laugh. If it helps, prepare something beforehand to say and rehearse it if necessary. Just don't look like an idiot.

I asked one girl I know out, and she kind of skirted the issue, though she never said yes. I even wrote her a nice letter about it. Finally, I asked her why she wouldn't go out with me, and she said it was because she was Catholic and I was Jewish, and we wouldn't ever be able to get married, so there was no point in going out. I saw her point, but I was still hurt (though of course I didn't show it). So sometimes there're other circumstances that will prevent something from happening, but always give it your best shot (and breaking down and rambling is certainly not your best shot).

I was told religions were about love... i see it's more about segregation.

Oh wow. I'm really confused now. Today has officially turned everything I thought two days ago against me. Is it just fate that guys like me (ugly, no style, slurred speech) won't ever have a girlfriend? Honestly...this is completely suicide worthy! lol :p

I don't know what to do! I can't find a single girl who will talk with me for more than one minute. Well, I have found one, but I feel strongly that she doesn't even want to become "closer friends". But I have picked up something quite interesting in High School today: The words "I Love You" mean nothing. Infact today I told three girls that! I got "I love you too" in reply, but like I said: THAT MEANS NOTHING ANYMORE! Argh!

And the girl I've been liking for more than a year now doesn't even look at me anymore. It pisses me off. I wish I could just change my life. But I don't know how!!!!!!

*runs off to write a song about changing life*

Yeah... no idea what the hell happened with that... that four letter word had even turned on me to be one of those painful four letter words. :p

Nah, don't get discouraged Trip - I know it's frustrating - been there (uh, am there? lol), but give it time and if anything just be friendly with girls in general... once you get that - then ask them out (movies?), especially if there is a movie they love...

That worked like a charm for me with a girl that - I kid you not - walked right out of my dreams! I didn't even think I had a chance in hell with her... But I quickly found out that we had something in comon - we where both HUGE Jackie Chan fans (this was back like in '97). So Jackie Chan movies = Guranteed Date! :)

*Sigh* Those where awesome times! :)
Kinda hard watching Chackie Chan movies now without her (or someone else that is a fan).

There's someone for everyone in this world, you just have to be able to find him or her.

Unfortunately, this girl I was talking about is going to UCLA, so I'm probably not going to see her again. I'm sure I'll find someone at JC, though. I hope...

Absolutely not.

LOL...

If you're really interested, I could give you her name, but I doubt you'd have much of a different experience than anyone else you've dated, though she is one of the sweetest people I know.

And that isn't stalking???
It's simply a far more expencive way of stalking!
Imagine if/when she finds out!
That's more than creepy! :p

Yeah let's say you actually trick her to fall in love with you -- either you pretend to be her soulmate for life, or somehow she sniff's you out and you have to tell her.
But $78,000 to go through with it, you would have to find one HELL of a woman!

"Why fat people never get married?"
Q.
Why do you refuse overweight clients? Why not let the subject herself decide whether she likes me or not, after the coincidence has occurred?

A.
Our job is to design a successful coincidence. We are good at what we do, but we are not gods. Even a carefully engineered coincidence will be fruitless if the fundamental conditions are not right. If you are serious about finding the perfect love for you, first get in shape, and then come to us.
http://www.coincidencedesign.com/q-fat.html
I really like this site...

PHASE I: Research

Thorough background check. Identify subject. Vet subject for criminal records, excessive debt, physical diseases, psychological abnormalities, narcotics addiction or any other dependency. Kleptomaniacs, kitchen drinkers, Fatal Attraction type psychos, obsessive-compulsives, and other problem individuals are usually discovered in this phase. We also check her family history for incidences of cancer and other genetic problems.

:rolleyes: :confused:

it is quite funny though

Very funny. :)
I like their "rules". They practically can't work for anybody.

Anyway, I've been stalking a girl myself for more than a year. :) It's fun, but she still doesn't know.

Back