Herve's Bar & Grill

Another thing that's getting under my skin is how many times on Mac News sites we heard the iPad OLED rumors on next version so many times now it is getting old now!

Yea I try but they seem the last few years they seen to pop-up almost every the past few years not realizing that Apple is playing numbers game! When Less and OLED sells for less then Apple will go OLED!

To let everyone know I've noticed many Junk files claiming to iCloud dangers so be ready to make these email junk files!

I've seen those for a while now and they immediately go to the trash. I don't even open them. Those along with my subscription to (insert name) has expired, or in danger of expiring. Or they can't deliver a package to me. Or here's the financing I have been looking for. Or here's the latest price on my house in (insert the city name which is not where I live here). :rolleyes:

Well as former Network Administrator and Satellite Repairer / Operator I have lived an interesting Life! Having installed crypto machines into American Embassies all over Indian Ocean area and South Pacific! I have been to so many countries but the only thing on my mind was Home so maybe that's why retired in this area! because I fallen for waterfalls all my Life have seen many Including Letchworth Park& Walkins Glenn State Park and I feel like a kid again sometimes!

Now to something that has been on my mind, I'm NEVER going to NYC or any major City in USA EVER again! I really mean that statement now!

Oh, why's that? Did something happen or is there a particular feature of major cities in the US that you don't like?

Interesting fact, upstate NY is historically Republican because the agrarians there were abolitionist (i.e. modern “Liberal”) and NYC more Democratic as the commerce there was more anti-abolitionist ( i.e. conservative)
“The world turned upside down!” :cool:

Interesting fact, upstate NY is historically Republican because the agrarians there were abolitionist (i.e. modern “Liberal”) and NYC more Democratic as the commerce there was more anti-abolitionist ( i.e. conservative)
“The world turned upside down!” :cool:

You never been to Finger Lakes? If you like Wine you should look at Keuka Lake Wine Trail!

Re: the DOJ and consumers going after Apple for being anti-competitively innovative (thereby limiting innovation?!?!)

An interesting take over at Daring Fireball about a Kurt Vonnegut short story about conformity and equality. The story, Harrison Bergeron, is about a society that keeps things equal by hobbbling it's citizens so everyone is "normal". It's a public domain piece, nicely typset by Gruber.

The current lawsuit, and the DMA non-compliance squabble in Europe are unsettling attempts to make things "normal".

Cue the Sound of Music music
What will the future bring? I wonder.

Last edited:
The Android phone users are jealous of iMessages and green bubble in it while it is blue when ad Android or MMS message is received! I call it envy by those very Android users! ;)

I got to see the totally eclipse today in the Finger Lakes Region and streets actually came on ! To bad it was cloudy in our skies but did get the 5 minutes or so and it was Cool to see!

I got to see it as well though only at 90% totality but in a cloudless sky. Then our local meteorologist went to southern Illinois and I got to see the totality on camera. I was there (southern Illinois) in 2017 so it was cool to see it twice in my lifetime.

In Maine on July 20 1963, Costa Rica July 11 1991, Kentucky August 21 2017, Adirondacks April 8 2024. They are still worth seeing the totality (not so much the partials). I remember hearing in 1963 that "you will never see another total eclipse in your lifetime." That from a time when most people didn't travel more than 25 miles from home.

But they happen somewhere on earth every 18 months or so, mostly out to sea. You could chase one every month - if you were Richard Branson and had your own space ship.

Back