Herve's Bar & Grill

I am still 'round. :) ... And yeah, I guess it'll be called Mac Pro. Makes _sense_ at least. Apropos sense: I need a sensitive portion* of The MacAllan, please...

*sensitive portion: time of day in 24h times four times the level of negative-okayness or something. Right now: 4cl, please. ;)

voice- said:
Now, guys, you probably don't remember me, I used to be a regular here until I experienced Apple's infamous customer's service.
Ah yes, I remember you (although you probably won't remember me). Good to see you around again. :)

Since then, I've been a Windows guy.
Eeeek, a traitor! ;)

So, how's the Inverse Switch gone, then?

Did you know that if you spill red wine on a white table cloth, for example...you need only to soak the stain in gin for the night and all will be forgotten. I say this, just in case.
Cheers.

*wakes up from his nap in the corner of the room*

Oh, hey all. It gets too quiet in here sometimes, you can't help but drift off.

*notices time on the clock*

Late for work. I'll be back later and we can all catch up on old times.

voice- said:
*sits down*

Barkeep, cold Kilkenny for me, if you would be so kind.

*sips beer*

Now, guys, you probably don't remember me, I used to be a regular here until I experienced Apple's infamous customer's service. Since then, I've been a Windows guy.
Nice to see some still-active familiar names. Talking to you, Trip. You too, Ed. Fryke and Kjetil, are they still around?
Anyone hear what Powermac is going to be called when it gets an Intel chip? Mac Pro? I shudder at the sound of it.

Still around! And you've been gone for half a world history! Welcome back, and I hope I can welcome you back to Mac OS X as well ;)

Mac Pro? Hmm. Pro Mac, rather?

bbloke said:
Ah yes, I remember you (although you probably won't remember me). Good to see you around again. :)

Eeeek, a traitor! ;)

So, how's the Inverse Switch gone, then?
How can I forget? I wake up screaming "bbloke" at random times during the night :D

The inverse switch has been all but pleasing. Windows has VERY many random problems that appear out of nowhere for no apparent reason and disappear again for no apparent reason a little later.
I miss OS X.
ksv said:
Still around! And you've been gone for half a world history! Welcome back, and I hope I can welcome you back to Mac OS X as well ;)

Mac Pro? Hmm. Pro Mac, rather?
Sorry to say, I don't think you'll see me using a Mac anytime soon. As much as I love the OS, I loathe the support team. Bastards used 6 months "fixing" my laptop before refusing a refund of money. I had a broken or outdated Mac the entire time (how do you send things back from repairs with broken keyboards and screens?).

Sad to say, they lost a customer.

voice- said:
How can I forget? I wake up screaming "bbloke" at random times during the night :D

The inverse switch has been all but pleasing. Windows has VERY many random problems that appear out of nowhere for no apparent reason and disappear again for no apparent reason a little later.
I miss OS X.

Sorry to say, I don't think you'll see me using a Mac anytime soon. As much as I love the OS, I loathe the support team. Bastards used 6 months "fixing" my laptop before refusing a refund of money. I had a broken or outdated Mac the entire time (how do you send things back from repairs with broken keyboards and screens?).

Sad to say, they lost a customer.

You should've told the support reps a story about how important you are and how crucial your project deadline is, and you'd get a brand new Mac back in a week. AppleCare is a nice thing once you learn how to abuse them just like they abuse customers ;)

Hey y'all,

I don't even know if anyone remembers me here, was a looong time since I have been here last time...glad to see Herve's is still around ;)

Hope I meet some people I know from the old days, and of course I hope I meet some new people :)

To the 99,9% who don't remember/know me: please excuse my english, as it is not my native language!

now, let's order a beer :)

ulriiiikkkk!!!!

/brings in a pitcher of some fancy German beer :p

How has life been since you were last here? Since I remember seeing a post of yours, a loooots of cool stuff have happened.

Yeah, was a looong time ago. I'd say AT LEAST 2 years. I have to admit I took an outtime from the recent Macintosh developments since I had many projects on SGI. Allthough I still have my trusty Quicksilver (and my father uses my Powerbook), I haven't even found time to check out 10.3 and 10.4.

Recently, my DVD Player died, and I thought "what the heck, replace it with a MacMini". To my surprise, I got an Intel MacMini (I ordered it the day it was released without even knowing), hooked it up to my plasma, and was blown away by all the new features from 10.3 and 10.4. And since I HATE my NEW PC notebook (Toshiba R60 167), I just sold it and my MacBook Pro should be here within the next two weeks, got a great deal on it since Apple runs some promo-actions on it.

So yes, I am finally back :) I mainly used SGI machines for work the last two years and a PC notebook for anything else, but when I saw 10.4 on the MacMini, I knew that I HAD to go back. And since I have completed all the projects and the next ones don't limit me to one particular platform, I HAD to go back to those Macs :) Now I can't wait till the new PowerMacs come out to replace the PC Workstation I am currently using (allthough I have to admit it's a nice one, an Alienware Aurora 7500 SLI).

So, there I am again :)

BTW: Thanx for that german beer :) I love it :)

/dingdingding next round is on me!!!

Hm at least it's easier to enjoy the thing from the platform when have seen the comparisons to them :D

meh, i need a drink. what an uneventful birthday this was! (Apple's, not mine) I even went against my better judgement and went to the Apple Store to make sure! ;) (In all fairness, I had planned on going this weekend anyway, just happened to be the 1st!)

WHOA! He's back, nobody's post count is safe! :)

Happy birthday Arden, i hope it was a good one, and that the age of legal drinking is treating you well.

Arden said:
Who wants to buy me a drink for my recently-passed 21st birthday?

Ohmygosh! He's back!!! BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!!!! :p

Happy Birthday man. Don't get too plastered now.... ;)

Back