Herve's Bar & Grill

*Mystique shines up a tall glass and fills it with water and ice for Trip, sets it on a bar napkin and leans over the bar to listen to his story about his new cat with interest*

It's a cat, no suprise there, but wait...

...it's a pure breed, short haired, king champion! That's right! We get to show it off in January and maybe reel in a lot of money. :) Other than being a superior male cat to all other cats it also likes to sleep. I just took a 30 minute nap with it and I must say...it was relieving!

Now: what's a lady like you doing in a bar like this?

Is that a no-no? Should I instead use: woman? girl? mom? zaphood beeblebrox? :D

C'mon! I already have trouble with the ladies, I don't need this! :D

Trip, sounds like a lovely cat. I'm a cat person myself. ( most cats) We have 3 cats around here, 2 brothers that are spoiled rotten but full of character and one beautiful Siamese that I can't stand because it's so timid and dumber than a sack of hammers (same way I feel about men ) ;)

Oh pshaw, don't listen to Ed...he's still trying to make up for giving me hell way back in June and running me off in tears. ;)
Any of your above choices are fine but ONE, Trip; calling me MOM is absolutely OUT. Then you WILL see some fireworks, but if you want to call me "Hey you up on the jukebox" , as long as you are respectful about it, that's just groovy.:D

I CAN be a lady if I want to, Ed...I just don't choose to let YOU see that side of me. Then I'd never hear the the end of THAT. Besides, don't you have a forum to run? What are you doing lounging in here in the B & G?

Go do something worthwhile like get rid of this orange color scheme before I honk on my new boots. :D

*kissy kissy, ED* You luvs ya, baby?

(I'd like to keep my job) :D

You'll have to excuse me. I shouldn't have come into the bar this late, I'm tired. I guess I'll stop by again tomorrow for another water and a nice chat. And the light show (resturant at the end of the universe). :)

Thanks for the drink! Nighty-night.

Originally posted by xaqintosh
um, ed, I think I recall the word "important" in ulrik's sentence, eh? :p ;)

well, its the second night of chanukah, and my dad bought us an air hockey table :D air hockey is my favorite sport :cool:

I always dreamed of having an air hockey table, but in germany, you barely find them.

My parents have a pool billard in their basement, I played that for hours and always won against friends when there was a pool table around in some bar...

do we have an airhockey table at Herve's?

yea i think we do have an air hockey table here, but i doubt mystique has gotten around to cleaning it off yet. I believe it still has orange pop spilled on it and a couple of layers of something i don't even want to describe. perhaps you take a fire hose and clean up and then we'll play once it dries. :p

so do you have any new exciting sites to share with us? any shiny new girlfriends? married yet? :D

*myst gets itaniaum a PinkGirl and a drink as well*

I'll clean up the bloody air hockey table for you maniacs but the first one of you to zing one of those pucks through the air, over the bar and knock some sense into me mops the bog in the cellar for a week. Clear enough? :D

Originally posted by mystique

I'll clean up the bloody air hockey table for you maniacs but the first one of you to zing one of those pucks through the air, over the bar and knock some sense into me mops the bog in the cellar for a week. Clear enough? :D

forget it then, i'm out :p

i may live dangerously sometimes, but not that dangerously :eek:

spoken out of the blue by ulrik
I always dreamed of having an air hockey table, but in germany, you barely find them.

My parents have a pool billard in their basement, I played that for hours and always won against friends when there was a pool table around in some bar...
*Mystique stares at ulrik warily*

Are you gonna be like a shopping bag person? You know like, sit in
alleyways and like talk to buildings and wear men's old shoes and that kinda thing?

Do you mean me, Ed?

Well, no new sites that I'd like to show here, I'm not here to show my daily work.

I have to admit that I am doing not much webdesign at the moment, I am only administrating the sites I built during the last two years, this is my main income.

I also started to study, so I don't have that much time.

With the money I make from that webprogramming crap, I finally were able to do what I always wanted to do: work in the 3D branch.
Not only am I know a freelancer at SGI in the localisation of the OpenGL Performer (actually, SGI is still desperately searching skilled C programmers), but I also managed to get my first 3D projects going.

I more or less grew into a SGI fanatic during the last months (thanx to RacerX ;) ), not only collecting older machines (at the moment I am surrounded by an OnyxRE2, an Indigo, an Indigo2, two Octanes, a O2 and a Crimson) but I also bought my current production machine - an Onyx IR2 - from a swedish company which switched to HP Itanium based graphic machines, it was rather expensive, since I also gave it a new Quad R14K Nodeboard and stuff and of course a dataglove (minority report style ;) )).

This is what has changed in the past, and my girlfriend isn't as shiny and new as she used to be, but curiously she is still my girlfriend, though I can't understand it...but well...WOMEN!!!

So much for my past fews months compressed into a few lines of techtalk...
*dodgesthebottlesthrownbyboredlisteners

Originally posted by mystique

Are you gonna be like a shopping bag person? You know like, sit in
alleyways and like talk to buildings and wear men's old shoes and that kinda thing?

Ed must have told you more about me than I realized...

Pink it's my new obsession
Pink it's not even a question,
Pink on the lips of your lover, cause
Pink is the love you discover

oh no - i opened the door for ulrik to talk about his computers !! please, somebody turn him off before racerx gets here or we will all be asleep :D

so how are the fish? mine have grown quite a bit. and the cold is finally starting to control the duckweed some.

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
oh no - i opened the door for ulrik to talk about his computers !! please, somebody turn him off before racerx gets here or we will all be asleep :D

so how are the fish? mine have grown quite a bit. and the cold is finally starting to control the duckweed some.

You asked for it, now live with it!!!

If you ask me questions about my life, prepare to talk about computers...
(which reminds me, I must get that R10K out of my head)

The fish are alright, maybe I can shoot a pic of them next week

Did I miss any updates on your garden? Which version is it now? 0.9PublicRelease3?
SHOW ME SHOW ME!!!

Back