Hoverboards Are Real!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

>>Anti Grav Technology is REAL. Just that it is limited to military use.

I see. Fascinating.

So why does the military continue to rely on NASA to launch spy satellites? True antigravity would eliminate the need to place objects in stable orbits - just have them hover up there...

One of the most notable features about stories of 'secret military projects' is that the total lack of verifyable evidence can be cited as proof that the technology is, in fact, a military secret.

I've never been a believer in the 'lack of proof = proof of secrecy' school of thought. Even the most secret of military projects - the Manhattan Project - did not take the scientific community entirely by surprise when it was finally made public. It was news that atomic bombs had been successfully made - it was not news that such a thing was even conceivable.

First, let us please acknowledge that the actual negation of gravity is not the same as simply developing a new way to overcome it - otherwise Michael Jordan could be said to have invented antigravity. This experiment with electrical charges seems to be just that - a way of overcoming gravity with electrostatic repulsion, rather than a way of actually cancelling gravity's effect. If the repelled object were actually freed of gravity's pull, and not simply PUSHED upward, it would float lazily - and continuously - upward and tumble around, rather than suddenly leaping a foot into the air and staying there.

If the miltary had ACTUAL antigravity I would expect that there would, at a minimum, be theoretical articles in the public domain about how it might be attempted.

This has not occurred. Granted, I have seen a sprinkling of highly speculative accounts about experiments that claim to have fractionally reduced the pull of gravity, but these are few and far between. Any verifyable, repeatable antigravity process would be the subject of intense research at civilian and miltary labs alike.

And I also don't believe that miliary Men In Black would come around and sternly but discreetly forbid civilian study of the phenomenon. The US military could not be expected to muzzle someone like, say, Steven Hawking (who, of course, is British) a man who would be all over any genuine antigravity theory like ants on sugar. The press, in turn, would have a field day with anything somebody as reputable as Hawking might say or write on the subject.

So while I can't prove that the military doesn't have antigravity (it is rarely possible to prove the non-existence of something) I remain unconvinced.

brianleahy
The reason they stop is because they are on a string, as to not float away! (they mentioned that in one of the articals) And there are articals on the web about boeing working with a few Russian scientist on just that..... "anti-gravity!" Do a google search. That is how I found it.

Matthew

String you say. Well, I can believe that -- but it's still just a repellant force.

If it were weightless, but on a string, it would not stay tautly at the utmost end of the string, it would float around. Imagine a beachball floating in a pool, at the end of a rope -- but in three dimensions. The beachball does NOT strain against the rope at the far end of the pool - rather the rope just defines the furthest limit to which the ball can float. The same would be true for a genuinely weightless, but tethered, object.

A really telling experiment would be to create a very large such apparatus - like the size of a living room - and see if the levitated object would drift around, lazily bouncing off the walls, ceiling - and yes, the floor. If instead it flew to the ceiling and remained glued there, then we would know it had a strong upward force acting upon it, rather than merely a lack of downward force.

An even better, if far more expensive, experiment would be to put such an apparatus in orbit above the earth, then switch it on, and see if the object would start following a straight path away from the earth, no longer drawn by its gravity.

I *do* believe that some people are experimenting with "antigravity". I do not believe it is a proven science, let alone a mature principle ready for military applications.

I just visited http://www.americanantigravity.com

They state that they believe their device works like this:
"the Biefeld-Brown effect would create thrust by pushing against the fabric of space itself, and as a result would require no propellant to function -- making it a highly-interesting potential method of creating thrust."

I've read a fair amount about physics, including some cutting-edge stuff (though stopping short of the equations level) and never heard of the Biefield-Brown effect. It maybe something very new, or just speculation, but it is still an interesting idea. Of course, as "American Antigravity" admit on their own site, they have yet to test it within a vaccuum environment, and they HAVE established that their apparatus does appear to produce some thrust upon the air.

But here's a crucial point: despite their name, they do not actually claim to have nullified gravity, only to have found a new way to OVERCOME it, by producing 'thrust' via the "Biefield-Brown effect". At no point do they claim to have freed their 'lifter' from gravity's effects.

On the other hand, I HAVE heard of a controversial experiment that DOES specifically claim to have partially negated gravity. You can read about that one here:

http://www.inetarena.com/~noetic/pls/gravity.html#podkletnov

Experimentation - yes. Mature technology? No.

No one (at least not me) is saying that this is a matured technology, it is as you stated simply another means of producing thrust using electromagnetic waves. If you place you hand underneath the lifter, you can feel an ionic wind, however this is not the source of thrust. We know this because you can cancel this out by simply placing straws over the top copper wire - the wind goes away but it remains floating. People have built lifters up to 5 meters across and flown them up to 15 meters off the ground. The pull the string/rope tight. Check out:
http://jlnlabs.imars.com/lifters/5mjapan/index.htm
for the 5 meter one, and
http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/liftbldr.htm
for the worldwide lifter replications site (mine will be on there soon :D ).

My comments about it being 'mature' were primarily a reaction to Plastic's suggestion that the military was using "antigravity", and I interpreted that (whether correctly or not) as a reference to the original 'hoverboard' discussion.

Again, I could believe the military might be experimenting with 'lifter' technology, but I doubt seriously we'll see levitating attack craft any time soon.

Another question - has anyone tried making a 'lifter' push sideways? That is, turn one on its side, mount it on some lightweight wheels, turn it on and see if it starts rolling?

Yes, they have been mounted sideways on a pole that can spin in place, it gets it going around quiet fast. One guy has made a completely contained one with powersupply on board and a radio that is capable to moving around in air.
One that spins:
http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/wfrtlift.htm
There is one like this on the main site somewhere that is more impressive, but I don't have time to find it

Free moving one:

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/savrclft.htm

This one is very impressive, and I plan to do it this summer when I get more time (and money) on my hands.

John

No doubt about it - that is a far-out technology. Unfortunately, I could not get the movie to work on the free-floater.

Read THIS Artical...
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_flyingobjects44.htm
Plus FACT... The US Military (Special Services) in the Iraq War rode on HOVERING SURFBORDS...
Do Not take my word for it... DO YOUR RESEARCH
PLUS... New (Alien technology) available since 1947-53 allows aircraft to fly without fuel as we know it... known as Point Zero Magnetics... which are the building blocks of the universe...
Again, please do not take my word for it... DO YOUR RESEARCH

Read THIS Artical...
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...gobjects44.htm
Plus FACT... The US Military (Special Services) in the Iraq War rode on HOVERING SURFBORDS...
PLUS... New (Alien technology) available since 1947-53 allows aircraft to fly without fuel as we know it... known as Point Zero Magnetics... which are the building blocks of the universe...

String you say. Well, I can believe that -- but it's still just a repellant force.

If it were weightless, but on a string, it would not stay tautly at the utmost end of the string, it would float around. Imagine a beachball floating in a pool, at the end of a rope -- but in three dimensions. The beachball does NOT strain against the rope at the far end of the pool - rather the rope just defines the furthest limit to which the ball can float. The same would be true for a genuinely weightless, but tethered, object.

A really telling experiment would be to create a very large such apparatus - like the size of a living room - and see if the levitated object would drift around, lazily bouncing off the walls, ceiling - and yes, the floor. If instead it flew to the ceiling and remained glued there, then we would know it had a strong upward force acting upon it, rather than merely a lack of downward force.

An even better, if far more expensive, experiment would be to put such an apparatus in orbit above the earth, then switch it on, and see if the object would start following a straight path away from the earth, no longer drawn by its gravity.

I *do* believe that some people are experimenting with "antigravity". I do not believe it is a proven science, let alone a mature principle ready for military applications.
Read THIS Artical...
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...gobjects44.htm

Back