how can i change one extesion for software to all extension?

ary_grw9

Registered
hi friends i have media files in my system e.s flv, mpg, mp3 or others how can i change i file by going open with and then this type of files will open in the same software next time...i dont think so that i told u clearly but plz try to understand to me. infact in windows OperSys. when we slect open with by checking always then all the same extensions uses to play with the same application..plz breif me

1. Hightlight the file

2. Finder->Get Info (Command button +i)

3. When the window opens click on the triangle by 'Open with:' and select the program you want to open the file with and also you can push 'Change All:'.

Well to make QuickTime play most all media files take a look at the free Perian plugin and for non-DRM Windows Media files take a look at Flip4Mac.

Now I hope you know about VLC. On a side note for web radio streaming I personally use FStream because it is small and stays out of the way.

Last edited:
QuickTime will play multiple files, VLC will play one at a time, If you have different versions of Flip4Mac installed, each will play a different file simultaneously, there are also these players available for Macs: Cellulo, MPlayer OSX PPC, NicePlayer, RealPlayer, RealOne Player and more. You can play a different file in each of these simultaneously; just be careful not to lock up your computer.

Back